X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mytical
    replied
    Egypt

"All I want is the spell. So the question is..what do you want. I am the master of the deal..and just about anything is possible. Power? Knowledge?" He circles around the group while he talks, totally at ease, obviously not considering the group as a threat. "Money? Fame? I can do it all..all you have to do is give me the spell, and sign a contract."

Your ghost friend scoffs "We may not be able to kill you, but we all know right now you don't have much power. Even your underlings are more powerful then you." They turn to you. "Don't be afraid of him, right now he has no power. We should just take the spell and leave."

"Partially true. Except you forget that wherever that spell goes, I am able to track it. How long do you think it will take for me to get the power to take it by force? I know you now..you and yours will be my main focus when I come to my power. Do you REALLY want that?"

Leave a comment:

• Kanalah
    replied
    Egypt

Sunny shuddered and wondered how "easy" of a mission this really was. She wondered if there was any way they could contact some help.

"What kind of deal?" She asked, trying to sound brave.

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    Egypt

Well the ghost is little help in a fight, but the Sasquatch is another story. With apelike agility and strength, he swoops you up and carries you easily. It seems almost too easy to avoid the Lemure, they are slow and a bit cumbersome due to their form, as he leaps and swings faster then seems possible with the ghost leading the way. The ghost is an excellent guide, able to pass through walls and such to see where any Lemures are .. and the Lemures are not able to do much against the ghost's non-corporeal form..

Finally the Sasquatch stops..letting you down gently. "I do not like this..we are being herded. They would have to know these creatures can not hurt our ghostly friend, nor catch me on my worst day..let alone even give a werewolf pause. You could shred a dozen at a time and not break a sweat..."

The ghost chimes in "Unless we are not considered really a threat, if they do not care if we have this or not.." 'this' meaning the spell that is supposed to contain Malbozia. "Could it be a fake? Could they have switched it before we got there?"

The tap, tap, tap of a cane against the floor is heard. Both the ghost and the Sasquatch turn immediately toward the source, and you feel the hair on your body stand up. A very refined looking gentleman, wearing an expensive looking violet Italian suit seems to appear from nowhere, he is walking with a cane. The cane has a wolfs head made of pure diamond, with two ruby eyes, carved on the top of it.

"I assure you ladies and gentleman, what you have is real, and we are VERY interested in obtaining it. Believe it or not, I prefer not to use force unless absolutely necessary. So..lets make a deal." He sure doesn't seem dangerous. No scary aura about him or anything. In fact he looks sort of sickly and pale, with white hair and sort of pink like eyes.

You don't need for your allies to say, in unison "Malbozia." however. There is absolutely no doubt in your mind who the figure is.

Leave a comment:

• Kanalah
    replied
    Egypt

Sunny gulped, then fluffed out her fur bared her teeth and gave her best 'git on outta here' snarl.

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    ((Hehe, thought because of the novel month thing that this had pretty much been put on back burner for most of the participants..glad that this is not the case))

Egypt

Out of the shadows something that looks like a lump of melting flesh crawls. Several of them to be exact. Lemurs, the lowest of the demons. Dangerous as they are used to being tortured and abused by the stronger demons..they do not feel pain, and are almost brainless in their determination. With super fast healing abilities, they are deceptively tough.

Leave a comment:

• Kanalah
    replied
    Egypt

"Wait." Sunny says, a snarl growing in her throat. "Something's wrong."

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    Headquarters

While the ones that have been successful wait for the others, a manticore paced up and down the halls. "I do not like it, they should have been back by now. Our enemy will not be idle, even if his minions fail. He will be gathering human allies, rekindling the places of power, and drawing on the old magic. We can not just sit here and twiddle our thumbs!" There is some agreement to this.

"There are plenty of humans who would sell their soul for power, and our main enemy gains power with each soul he collects.." agrees a dragon. "Van Helsing is off on his quest though. Vlad and Cain are also away..who do we turn to to lead us?" Silence..seems nobody wants to be in charge.

Leave a comment:

• Ironclad Alibi
    replied
    Reggie pondered about how to get the pear out of Italy. With some help from Antonio, they disguised the spear as a race car part. Reggie was able to take it back home as special luggage on the airplane. He arrived back at headquarters and turned the spear over to Van Helsing. He was wondering where and when the confrontation with Malbozia would happen.

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    Headquarters

After everybody that had been somewhat successful in their mission returns ((Reggie, etc)) those that are able are asked to tell their tale of what happened. There is a moment of silence for those lost. Despite the losses, however, overall the missions were successful, and the artifacts are gathered to be put in a safe place. "When all are gathered we will be able to drain them of their energy, and they will never again bother the world"

Kanalah

Eventually you are cornered, but as soon as they realize what you have, they lose interest. By that time, however, if your ghost friend was going to be successful, they would already be. After they leave Nomain starts to laugh. "Now that was good fun. Sorry about that, I saw an opening and decided to take it. Still..am I the only one who thought that might have just been a tad TOO easy?"

As he is speaking your ghostly friend shows up, with the item, and smiles. "I have it, we should get back."

A strange scent catches your nose. The smell of rotting flesh. Since one of your companions has no flesh, and the other (though gamey) is very much alive..you know immediately that something..or somebody is near.

Egypt - Elsewhere
    The trip to the pyramids is swift, and nothing impedes your path. Following Ene's directions you are able to locate the place where the item is said to be held. Getting past the traps is not difficult, they are designed to stop the living..and your mummy form is immune to most of them. The ones that are actually a danger to you, you are able to scrape by ((Two words "FIRE BAD")). You arrive to the central chamber, and find the Ankh.

However, one last trap stands in your way. The Ankh is placed inside something as if it is a key. It is painfully obvious pulling the Ankh out will trigger the trap, which will cause all the passages into and out of the pyramid to slam down. While that wouldn't stop you from leaving (your sand form could easily slip through cracks and get out), you would not be able to take the Ankh with you. At the base of the alter (The ankh's resting place is on top of the alter) is the phrase (in Hieroglyphs of course) "Speak the Truth and the Ankh shall be yours"
    Last edited by Mytical; 11-04-2012, 04:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jay 2K Winger
    replied
    Quoth Mytical View Post
    China

Of course no answer is forthcoming from the silence around. Chances are the other generals or lieutenants can not use the item, so none will be coming for it. Getting it to headquarters should be very easy. However he got there, chances are that was the best way to return.
    China

With a grunt, Rick got back up and stepped into the monastery long enough to find a spare robe, which he drew around himself. His pants, though ragged, had survived his transformation, but the rest of his clothes were tatters. Strapping the axe to his back, Rick went back to the 4x4 Jeep that he and the other troll-kin had arrived in, where he wrapped the axe in cloth and stashed it, driving back to the private airstrip, where their plane awaited.

Not too long after, he was in the air, heading back for the Organization's HQ.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster91
    replied
    Quoth Mytical View Post
    St Peter Basilica

Arisa makes it to the Basilica, as the cross seems a lot lighter then she would have expected. Though it is unwieldy, it is about half as heavy as it should be for the size. Still heavy, just not as heavy as it should be. When she arrives, in her mind she hears a voice. "My child, make your way back to the headquarters with the cross. We will not be joining you. I am afraid neither of us have made it. This is the last time I will be able to contact you, I set this up in case things went bad. At least you do not have to find the pope and claim sanctuary. Travel only during the day, when the demons are weakest. Find places to hide during the night. You must get that cross to headquarters at all costs."
    St Peter's Basilica

What do you mean neither of you made it? Arisa demanded of the voice in her head. Silence was her only response. No....Dracula and Mina, they couldn't be dead. Her mind refused to believe it at first. But Dracula never did anything without a purpose and he wouldn't have left her those orders unless he really couldn't help her anymore. Arisa slammed her fist into a wall in anger and frustration. Grief was crystallizing into rage and she vowed Malbozia and his minions would pay dearly. Sealing Malbozia was no longer enough. Arisa wanted him dead outright.

This war had just gotten personal.

She took a deep breath to steady herself. Blind rage would get her nowhere fast so she considered her options. They all left her at a disadvantage. While the cross wasn't as heavy as she initially feared, it was still cumbersome and easily recognizable. Traveling in daylight was bound to attract curiosity from onlookers. At worst, it would get her arrested for its theft--since technically she did steal it--international authorities asking a lot of questions she couldn't answer, and delay a critical element of getting rid of Malbozia.

Flying would undoubtedly be faster. But if she waited until nightfall, the demons would be stronger and could possibly track her more easily. If Dracula and Mina couldn't stand against them, Arisa feared she wouldn't stand a chance. On the other hand, she was still inexperienced enough in her powers that changing forms in sunlight could kill her. Still, out of the three crappy options, biting the bullet and flying back to headquarters now seemed the least crappy. She needed to decide soon before the sun was fully up and before the citizens of Vatican City started milling around.

One more deep breath and her eyes slid shut, willing herself to change. The change came easily this time and with the cross firmly gripped in her talons Arisa lifted off. Already the sun was hot on her skin and mildly uncomfortable. She was fortunate in that the first part of her journey consisted of cloudy skies, which while still not pleasant was considerably less dangerous.

However in the last leg her luck ran out and the sun finally broke through the clouds. There was instant, searing agony that nearly knocked her out of the sky. Her vision narrowed and Arisa gritted her teeth, willing herself to keep going despite the fact she could feel her skin blistering and burning. She gave a whimper of relief when at last headquarters materialized over the horizon. She could make it just a little farther.

The shade of the porch was a reprieve from the harsh sunlight, however the damage had already been done. Arisa looked as sunbaked as someone who had traversed a desert and was in too much pain to shift back to her human form. After a clumsy landing Arisa dragged the cross up the stairs and pounded on the door. She didn't even see who opened it. Someone caught her before she collapsed and she heard someone ask about Dracula and Mina. All Arisa could do was shake her head.

She felt someone trying to pry the cross away from the death grip she had on it and reacted by pulling it closer. "It's alright," a voice said. "We'll take it from here." At last she let go and allowed herself to be led somewhere she hoped would at least dull the pain. She still didn't know whether she had just been brave or extremely stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Ironclad Alibi
    replied
    Quoth Mytical;1092667[B
    Reggie[/B]

Lloth hisses and throws down the scythe. "I told the fool that my way would be much more efficient." She transforms into a half spider, half female..that is about 20' tall. She is HUGE. She jumps and bite into Lema..quickly poisoning her. However, Lema tears into her also..and wraps her up. Lema manages to tear her apart before dying herself. Silence falls....the other spider demons vanish in foul puffs. Reggie is left alone with a dead Lloth, a dead Lema, and a Krisss turned to stone...
    It happened so fast that Reggie is momentarily stunned. He gathers his wits, then his arm. After he pulls himself together, he picks up the flaming scythe and chops Lloth’s body into smaller and smaller pieces until they are burned beyond recognition.

Reggie then turned to the opening that spewed the demon spiders earlier. As he looked inside he saw it was covered with webs. He used the scythe to slice and burn his way inside. Inside was dark and quiet. The flaming scythe provided light. He left the scythe inside while he went back outside and brought the bodies of Lema and Krisss inside the crypt. Well, it looked like a crypt. He hid their bodies until they could be retrieved and dealt with properly.

He looked around to see if the spear might be seen. He didn’t see anything that looked like a spear. As he walked around the room, he noticed a passageway in a far corner. He went through it and down several steps into a larger chamber. This appeared to have been an armory, or perhaps a shrine of some sort. Spears and swords lined one wall, leather armor and shields another. At the far end of the room was an altar flanked by two statures.

One statue held a sword made of the same marble as the statue. The other statue had a spear placed between its hands. Reggie figured that was the spear they sought. He walked over to the statue and tried to remove the spear. It was stuck tight. Out of frustration, Reggie muttered aloud, “We need this spear to defeat Malbozia. How can I get it?” Upon saying this, the spear came loose and fell into Reggie’s hands. He glanced up at the statue and thought he saw a smile, but it could have been a trick of the light. He turned to the rack of spears, took one, and placed it in the statue’s hands. He winked at the statue and thanked it.

As Reggie went up the steps into the first chamber, he heard some voices approaching. He hid in a corner near the entrance. Two thuggish looking guys walked in, glanced around, and headed for the inner chamber. From there Reggie heard one exclaim that the statue held the spear they sought. As Reggie slipped out of the crypt, he heard screams, then silence. He didn’t think those two guys would be leaving the crypt.

Reggie returned to Antonio’s house. Once there he sent word to Van Helsing that he had the spear and awaited further instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Kanalah
    replied
    Egypt

Sunny narrowed her eyes. "Who are you calling mangy?" She growled under her breath.
    Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a short metal bar on the ground. "Alright, let's play." She said, picking it up in her jaws. Turning to face the guards, she wagged her tail playfully and ran for a nearby alleyway.

Leave a comment:

• Andara Bledin
    replied
    Egypt

I try to keep my face a neutral mask, but I can't keep all traces of shock from flickering across my features as she imparts her message to me.

I've kept secrets, sure, but nothing this important or with such dire implications. But keep it I will. Until the time was right. I am going to live up to the legacy that my parents have left me or die in the attempt.

I just hope it doesn't actually come to that.

I shake myself, locking the secret up inside before I start moving. It's time for me to retrieve a key. It's time for me to visit my first pyramid.

Somehow, this isn't quite how I had imagined my first trip to Egypt to go down.

^-.-^

Leave a comment:

• Mytical
    replied
    Armored Cars - On the Move

Cain nods. "I will get out in front of them, it is easier for me to do so. Astir will hit them from the side, and you will drive them toward us." He looks around. "Is this ok?"

((Provided he gets the go ahead)) "This has the route here.." hands each person a route map. "I say Astir comes from here.." he points out a side alley. "You come up from here, and don't be afraid to barrel into the cars. Remember, you heal quickly..and nothing but silver can harm us long." He sighs. "We won't be able to keep up in human form. Our cover will not hold, but no help for it."

Astir nods and turns into a werewolf, you notice his werewolf form has black hair with spots of grey running through it. His human form does not seem over maybe 30..but it is obvious he is much older then that, the question is..how old.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X