X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Manager's Rules

The Manager's Rules
    1. The Manager always makes the rules.
    2. The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.
    3. No peon can possibly know all the rules.
    4. If The Manager suspects that the peon knows all of the rules, they must immediately change some or all of the rules.
    5. The Manager is NEVER wrong.
    6. If The Manager is wrong, it is because of a Flagrant Misunderstanding which was a Direct Result of something the peon did or said wrong.
    7. If Rule 6 applies, the peon must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
    8. The Manager can change their mind at any given point in time.
    9. The peon must NEVER change it's mind without Express Written Consent from The Manager.
    10. The Manager has every right to be Angry or Upset at any time.
    11. The peon must remain calm and cheerful at all times, unless The Manager wants it to be Angry or Upset.
    12. The Manager must under no circumstances let the peon know whether or not they want it to be Angry or Upset.
    13. Any attempt to document these rules could result in bodily harm.

14. If The Manager has been chewed out by their boss, ALL rules are null and void.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

You used to work for a former boss of mine, didn't you?

Comment

I've heard this, but replace "manager" with "woman", "peon" with "man", and the last rule was "if the woman is on her period, all rules are null and void."

Works either way. though.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
        I've heard this, but replace "manager" with "woman", "peon" with "man...
        That's the version I started from, typed into and printed from a Fat Mac with lots of decorative fonts / wingdings, but...

My co-lonelies may not be much use, but I'd rather not have them pulled off.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X