Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I'm not dead yet!"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fudgethatkay
    replied
    YAY. ONE OF MY BOOZE GODS IS BACK

    Leave a comment:


  • MoonCat
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    What Wolfie said!

    Also, after my experience a few years ago towing a trailer across the length of Florida to help my niece move from northern Florida back to Key West, I can say with confidence that when I finally do make my return trip west, it will be in a box truck, towing the Jestermobile behind it on a dolly. As admirably as my Blazer performed in the niece move, I could not possibly deal with that sort of driving entertainment for several days and two thousand miles. No way!
    That's what my sister did when she moved back here from North Dakota. The bunnies and parakeet rode in the car, on the dolly. She went through Chicago at lunchtime, that was ALL kinds of fun.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jester
    replied
    Oh, no problems per se. She did everything I asked of her, but it was like dragging a two ton brick 500 miles. It took all my concentration and skill to drive that rig, and was very stressful and taxing...and that was only one day, not the several days that would be required of the move to AZ. To put it simply, the Blazer simply was not designed to do that, and it would be best for me if I do it the other way, as I described above.

    Leave a comment:


  • wolfie
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    As admirably as my Blazer performed in the niece move, I could not possibly deal with that sort of driving entertainment for several days and two thousand miles. No way!
    Just curious, but what sort of problems did you run into towing a trailer with the Blazer?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jester
    replied
    What Wolfie said!

    Also, after my experience a few years ago towing a trailer across the length of Florida to help my niece move from northern Florida back to Key West, I can say with confidence that when I finally do make my return trip west, it will be in a box truck, towing the Jestermobile behind it on a dolly. As admirably as my Blazer performed in the niece move, I could not possibly deal with that sort of driving entertainment for several days and two thousand miles. No way!

    Leave a comment:


  • wolfie
    replied
    Quoth dalesys View Post
    I did see a car with Arizona plates towing a trailer with Florida plates crossing central Utah heading west the other day...
    That would have been highly unlikely to be Jester. First of all, that car was probably a suit jacket, and the Jestermobile is a Blazer. Second, someone moving from FL to AZ would have Florida plates on their vehicle, and would replace them with Arizona plates after they got to AZ.

    Also, it would be more likely to see a vehicle with FL plates towing a trailer with AZ plates than it would be to see the combination you saw - U-Haul is based in Arizona, and most of their equipment (regardless of where it is located) has AZ plates.

    Leave a comment:


  • dalesys
    replied
    I did see a car with Arizona plates towing a trailer with Florida plates crossing central Utah heading west the other day...

    Leave a comment:


  • Jester
    replied
    Thanks for the confidence in me!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mikkel
    replied
    Welcome back. I was wondering where you were and imagining all kinds of things that could have happened to you.
    Getting laid was NOT one of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • El Pollo Guerrera
    replied
    Quoth Seraph View Post
    Well, if you have, sounds like urine for it now, man.
    It doesn't take a wizz to see that.

    Welcome back, Jester!

    Leave a comment:


  • JustaCashier
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    Um....what shit?!?

    That shit of damn near killing yourself.

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • wolfie
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    6. My iPad. Yes, I have a new iPad. Now, why would this keep me from CS? Well, I use it a lot, and I surf the web and facebook on it a lot, but I don't like to type on it extensively, because it can be a pain in the ass to do so,
    Jester, I think you're supposed to use your fingers when typing on an iPad.

    Leave a comment:


  • Victory Sabre
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    You can either look at the positive or look at the negative. I choose to do the former. Not only in my current situation, but in the previous one where I wasn't getting any play. It's your choice how to approach it. I find that the positive approach works better for me, not simply for getting some action (which it clearly doesn't always work for), but just for my mental health in general.
    Believe me, I am positive about it. It may be annoying, but I am positive, though I do like to joke about it as well.

    And the weather situation is getting better because we dodged the snow here. It might be in the 60s here this weekend. However, where I'm going to spend much of Saturday - southern MN - it'll be in the 40s, because they got pounded with snow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Seraph
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    No, but I have figured out how to turn beer into water...or at least something very close to water.
    Well, if you have, sounds like urine for it now, man.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jay 2K Winger
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    No, but I have figured out how to turn beer into water...or at least something very close to water.
    Remember, kids, you don't own beer. You just rent it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X