This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Hunting Amusements

So I'm sitting here checking out some online ads for jobs, seeing if there's anything being advertised that would work for me, since I've been downsized from my second job.

Saw a few bartending positions, all full time. As I have zero intentions of leaving The Bar, these clearly will not work. And I'm starting to realize that any place looking just to cover one shift is probably not going to bother having an ad for it.

But what really amused me was the fact that my old job at the Landmark Luxury Hotel is looking for staff. In plenty of areas, including the bar. Apparently I'm not the only person who thinks the management company that runs the place doesn't know their ass from their elbow, as staff is fleeing the premises.

This same company, let's call them Amazingly Stupid Shits Company--or ASS CO.-has taken over some other properties here in town, including another historic downtown resort, and that place is also seeking plenty of help. See, they took over, fired everyone, and then offered some of them their old jobs back. My friend, who worked in HR there, was one such person. They offered her her old boss's job...but at the same pay she was already getting. Yep, a promotion with greater responsibility, but no more pay. She did what a lot of people would have done, and told them to go get stuffed, and went out and found a better position at a competing resort.

And as if THAT'S not enough, I came across another ad looking for a "bartendar." A simple word that anyone employing one should know, and someone couldn't even spell it right. Anyone wanna guess who was running that ad? If you guessed yet another property owned and managed by ASS CO., congratulations! You're smarter than they are!

Other than these amusements, I do have a couple places in mind that I want to talk to, including a brand new bar that is going to be opening up soon in a pretty decent downtown location. Hopefully these people are smarter than those troglodytes at ASS CO., not that that would be all that tough.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

But but but ... Assco *promised* that we would get a much higher ROI if *they* managed our properties! And the hit to our reputation is because all the bad apples they let go are bad-mouthing us, like that Capt. Clown guy at the bar!

Sorry, honey, but that crackroach just wanted to get in your shorts and skim the best part of the cash flow.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And as if THAT'S not enough, I came across another ad looking for a "bartendar."
      Was that on a newspaper website, Jester, or someplace else? Where I work, ads received through the online ad-placement process are supposed to be checked by a sales rep for things like spelling errors. So it might not be the fault of the ASS CO people
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It was on a major website for such things, and while I realize there is a small chance it was not ASS CO.'s fault, I still find it hilarious that such a thing appeared in an ad for them. It just seems so....poetic.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, Something Positive is interviewing for bartenders...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X