X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geeks Aflame

...and not with Rock and Roll.

So, big game convention (Origins) had a minor setback. The convention center caught fire today.

The good news: No one was hurt, and the convention center was evacuated cleanly.

The bad news: I'm currently in my hotel room because a transformer and couplings burnt up, and there's no power in the convention center until they get replaced.

So we'll see if there's gaming in the morning in the convention center proper.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

I guess I should be glad we couldn't go! Hope everyone's safe.

And you know there'll be gaming at least. Who doesn't bring games to a gaming convention? You just won't be necessarily playing where you thought you'd be.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hm... I can see how that would be a setback...
      Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

A fire at the Columbus Convention Center, who woulda thunk it? :-)

Considering a few years ago they had a flood that lifted the exhibit hall foor 3 FEET...

Hope it's back to normal soon. I was planning on heading down Friday night...
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

All's well here. The convention center was running and gaming all day.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Cool! Maybe see you tomorrow!
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
            X