This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really advice needed now

Awhile ago, I posted advice about the situation of having a boyfriend going to the military and such...

We broke up a couple of weeks ago.

Its been kind of really emotionally stressful, cause of the confusion and mental ups and downs I feel. I wasn't ready to, I felt, but I did anyways...because of other issues we were having.

I'm trying to stay friends since I am usually like that...but its kind of hard cause the feelings are still there....

So yeah. How many of you stayed friends with longterm exes? (I know nearly four years is nothing to a lot of you, but hey, it was longer than my parent's marriage! xD )

I have yet to have any of my relationships go nearly four years!

As for long term exes, I really only have to of them. My ex-fiancée, The Brit, who I have not heard from in 9 years. But then, we knew we'd never be just friends. It just wasn't us. We were either going to be together, or we weren't. Then there was Blondie, who I was with for about three years in my early twenties. We kept in touch for a while, but then lost touch, and just a year or so ago, reconnected via Facebook, when I found out she was married and expecting their first child. We are still friendly, but I can't see we are friends; the one time last year I was supposed to meet up with her and her hubby for dinner, she cancelled on me at the last minute, because he was worried I was making a play to get her back. Even though I made a point of inviting both of them. Even though they had been together five years and were expecting their first child, and she was very pregnant. Yeah, that kind of insecurity is just ridiculous, and I can just imagine how the dinner might have gone.

So no, no long term exes as friends, but then, my sample pool is pretty small, and I AM friends with plenty of my other exes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

My best friend and I used to date. It honestly took me taking time away to get over things for a little bit and then trying to be friends later after emotions had settled which was a bit hard. We are close now though and there is now weirdness between us. Hell, I'm still part of the family and go to his family's holiday stuff. I didn't really keep in touch with too many other exs though I'm on good terms with a couple.
      Last edited by Shangri-laschild; 06-14-2013, 02:17 PM.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
        Awhile ago, I posted advice about the situation of having a boyfriend going to the military and such...

We broke up a couple of weeks ago.

Its been kind of really emotionally stressful, cause of the confusion and mental ups and downs I feel. I wasn't ready to, I felt, but I did anyways...because of other issues we were having.

I'm trying to stay friends since I am usually like that...but its kind of hard cause the feelings are still there....

So yeah. How many of you stayed friends with longterm exes? (I know nearly four years is nothing to a lot of you, but hey, it was longer than my parent's marriage! xD )
        I haven't remained friends with any of my ex girlfriends. Two of them cheated on me, so they would DEFINITELY not be on the "friend" list.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

For me, just one. And that was a crazy random happenstance - I ran into him in my fav geek chat room and we figured out that we knew each other in real life. Since then we've become good friends. i've met his wife in the chatroom and he's met my bf when chatting with me sometimes.

if anything the relationship i have with him now is the one i should have had with him before.

Comment

Working...
          X