This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Anime Mullets

So, after a Wal-mart encounter with a truly maginificent mullet, a convoluted thought process led to me to the idea of writing a blog post about the Top Ten Anime Mullets (seemingly the last bastion of mullet-hood). I have 3 characters in mind, but for some reason am drawing a blank on more. Any suggestions?

(Gohan from DBZ and Aizen from Bleach have been suggested to me, but upin entirely-too-much examination it looks moreto me like their hair is mostly one length and is just slicked back in the front with righteous amounts of product. Have I been staring too long? Are these truly mullets?)
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

- Anyone from Fist of the North Star

- Kaiba from YuGiOh (ADMIT IT FANGIRLS, ITS A MULLET)

- Whatsiface from Ghost in the Shell....cannot remember

- Lance (Red Lion from Voltron)

- Take your pick from Beserk

Funny you bring this up, friend of mine and I used to heartily mock mullets that we spotted in animes. ("I love you like a truck." "MAH MULLET BESERRRRRKS YOU!" Stuff like that.)
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

See, I think part of the problem is that my definition of mullets might be too narrow. I wouldn't say anyone in Berserk has a mullet (well, maybe Judeau, actually). Guts has short hair, Griffith has long hair, everyone else hasone or the other. Same with First of the North Star (I'm not as familiar with that one so maybe a secondary character does) but Ken has shortish hair that kind of goes to collar-length like the Beatles used to have.

When I think 'mullet' I think Nakago from Fushigi Yuugi or Togusa from Ghost in the Shell,,,some real MacGyver shit.

Comment

It's not anime, but...

CAPTAAAIIINNN PLAAANNNEEETTT!

(Protect the environment, or I'll fucking kill you! CAPTAAAIIINNN PLAAANNNEEETTT!)
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Leon Orcot from Pet Shop of Horrors?
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Oooh, I always liked Pet Shop. Despite the dumb title, they were little Japanese morality plays.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              Leon Orcot from Pet Shop of Horrors?
              Oh WOW, I'd almost forgotten about that series.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

It might be stretching it a bit but Alucard from Hellsing? Or did he just have really long hair? It's been a long time since I watched the series.

Pic for example: http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ima...71_700_348.jpg
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                  It might be stretching it a bit but Alucard from Hellsing? Or did he just have really long hair? It's been a long time since I watched the series.

Pic for example: http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ima...71_700_348.jpg
                  Yeah, Alucard just had really long hair. But its length seemed to vary from scene to scene. (Justified since he was the badass motherfucking shapeshifting vampire.)
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Yeah, Alucard just had really long hair. But its length seemed to vary from scene to scene. (Justified since he was the badass motherfucking shapeshifting vampire.)
                    Why yes, yes he was. Which is why the series was so good.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X