This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another of my odd questions.

If given the chance to become both rich and famous would you play a character the opposite of what you are now. IE if you are straight they are not, if you are nice, they are not, if you are faithful, they are not. Things like that. Would you take the option of being famous and rich?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Rich, yes. Famous, no. If offered wealth but the price of the wealth was fame... I'd probably turn it down. Hm. Unless it could be temporary fame.

But yeah, I'd play a character unlike myself. I desperately need the health insurance.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I wouldn't have any problem playing a character who's the opposite of myself, whether or not it made me rich and famous. But, if I'm going to be famous, I'd rather be a famous something that's not going to get me recognized everywhere I go.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Are you talking about a TV / film / theater role? Heck yes, I could do that. Any actor could. Very few actors are like the characters they play. Larry Hagman was nothing like J.R. Ewing, after all, and I'm quite sure Jack Nicholson isn't a sociopathic killer.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Rich? Sure. Famous....eh. I might do it for infamous ^_^ Paparazzi are probably easier to shoo off if they're afraid of you.

Playing the villain could definitely be cool.

*voice out of nowhere* And how is that playing your opposite?

*EricKei* Shut up, you!
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Not sure if I'd want to play an evil killer, or anything like that. But, I've often thought I'd like to play a role that I wouldn't have the guts to do in real life, ie playing a detective, and acting out such scenes as sneaking into the subject's office/home/whatever, looking for evidence.

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Dont we all do that at work anyway?? Rich yeah....famous no...i'm not fond of people anyway....no need to antagonize myself!

Comment

Working...
              X