This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts and prayers..?

So... I feel awkward doing this, I haven't been much of a frequent poster in recent months, blah blah... but if you're into the whole "thoughts and prayers" thing, would you offer some up for my family and our town?

Earlier this month, my mom died after a long battle with cancer. My family lives in a very small town in Arizona... really it's a random cluster of homes, more than a town. There's all of about 12 families in the area, and I don't know how we all would have walked through Mom's final months without those folks. It's really a family in its own way, this little community. CS has always reminded me of the town, actually, with the big hearts and welcoming spirit.

And just about an hour ago, we got word that roughly half of the community members died today, fighting a forest fire, and... just... so much loss, all at once. And I'm totally going to start babbling (continue babbling?) if I don't shut up now so... just, thank you.
    Last edited by Maria; 07-01-2013, 05:11 AM.

Oh wow *massive hugs* That is truly awful! Babble as much as you need to, I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling right now. *more hugs*
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

*hugs and prayers* Wow, that is a lot to happen.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Oh no! So sorry to hear this. Babble on; we'll listen.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am very sorry for your loss.

Comment

Also know that you aren't mourning alone :-( HUGS

Comment

I heard about this this morning. I didn't realize they were all from one community. I'm so sorry. Your family and entire community are in my thoughts.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Wow... How sad. We've got you in our thoughts, girly, just hang in there for us.
                Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Ow, just ow. Many condolences.
                  You & the community are in my thoughts.

Comment

Trans-Atlantic ***hugs***, Brit to us citizen

We in the British Midlands can really sympathze! There's just been an incident of a Chinese paper balloon geting away from its owner and setting fire to ~quarter of a square mile of stuff waiting to be recycled.

Comment

Seems this year has been unusually bad for wildfires so far.

Firefighters rush in where others rush out. So sorry to hear so many of them died fighting that fire.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss, both in your personal life and in the community.

I had read about the firefighters, and I was so sad for everyone concerned.

My brother is a volunteer firefighter (retired) and I always worried when he was called away.

Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I heard about that! I'm so sorry. Firefighters are ALL heroes in my book.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thank you so much, everyone... Dad feels better to know that others are thinking and praying, and right now that's a huge thing to me. It's all I can do, right now, after all. Dad was an EMT, grandpa was a firefighter, my sister and I are pilots... I've always been aware that these things can and do happen. But somewhere along the line, those risks just became a part of life, kind of like the risks of riding in a car. Sure doesn't do much for the sense of shock and loss, though, does it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Losing a parent is tough - and then to find out that a large number of the people who helped you in your time of troubles have died.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X