This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Lately: Update on...well...everything XD

I didn't feel like making individual posts so here's everything in one mega-post! Apologies...

Update on sister issue

Sister has been complaining less and helping a bit more. Also, the giving away of food has stopped.

Update on Steve and his crazy drama

The divorce has been finalized, a parenting time schedule is set with my mom WILL NOT deviate from, his stuff is off of our property, mom got one child support payment (hopefully more to come) and the harassment has died down to an occasional "I love you, why are you so mean to me" text/call.

My health [Don't read if blood squicks you out. A tad gross.]

I had to go to the doctor on Friday because that morning I was experiencing severe pain on my left side below my ribcage and around noon, I was peeing blood. The doctor said the pain was likely my kidneys and my urine sample was mostly blood. It's either a UTI that moved into my kidneys or kidney stones. He gave me Ciprofloxacin until today when they got my cultures back and found out that both myself and the bacteria are resistant to Cipro so I got switched to a high dose of Amoxicillin. My god, these things are horse pills....well now I know why the pain hasn't been improving.

Back from China!

It was amazing and beautiful and an experience I'll never forget! Maybe I'll get around to posting pictures eventually XD
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Yay...yay...ick feel better and plz with the pictures!!

Comment

If you are experiencing pain that what ever OTC pain reliever the doc said you could use isn't resolving, make sure the doctor knows and get him to call you in a script for a prescription pain reliever. Also, make sure you drink plenty of fluids!
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Good to hear Cindy's pulling her weight a bit more. Hopefully, she'll grow out of her toddler phase even more as time goes on.

Just looked at the Steve thread, holy crap! Sorry I couldn't at least be there for emotional support. But for the most part it sounds like he's out of your hair right?

Ouch. As a tip for taking the pill, throw your head back. (If you take the pill wih liquid) the pill will go to to the back of your throat, swallow whatever you're drinking then, it's much easier that way. I'm a long time pro at taking those kinds of pills.

Also, definitely post pictures of your trip, it sounds awesome
        Last edited by Eevie; 07-03-2013, 01:25 AM.
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

If you drink soda (or pop, whatever you call it), try taking the pills with some. For some reason it helps, maybe it's the bubbles?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Be careful with that Amaxacillin hun, it can cause yeast infections!

Says the girl who recently had strep throat, given antibiotics, and then had to go back to the doc for a yeast infection pill.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              Be careful with that Amaxacillin hun, it can cause yeast infections!
              Not a doctor (and I don't play one on TV), but I can guess what happened. Everyone has normal "flora" (collection of microorganisms) in their gut (and in your case, in your "lady bits"). These normal "flora" normally out-compete the bad guys, keeping their numbers under control.

Amoxocillin, being a systemic antibiotic, kills bacteria throughout your body. It doesn't make a distinction between the "bad guys" it was prescribed for (in your case, strep throat) and your normal flora. With the normal flora killed off, that gives the "bad guys" (in your case, yeast) that are normally kept under control a chance to multiply.

For the gut flora, it's a good idea to re-introduce the normal (or at least harmless replacements) ones - an easy way is to, after you finish the antibiotics, eat some yogurt with live culture. Don't know how to re-populate your "lady bits".
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                For the gut flora, it's a good idea to re-introduce the normal (or at least harmless replacements) ones - an easy way is to, after you finish the antibiotics, eat some yogurt with live culture. Don't know how to re-populate your "lady bits".
                Or drink a probiotic.

As for reintroducing the good flora to the "lady" bits, ask your chemist. Although I've heard some people have gone so far as to smear yoghurt on something like a (wrapped) tampon and then inserting it...O_o
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X