Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have a couple of good luck vibes please :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have a couple of good luck vibes please :)

Tomorrow I'm going for cataract surgery.

Its only as a day case, but I'm really not looking forward to it as its going to be done with a local anaesthetic. I'd much rather be unconscious when these things happen

The plus side is, apart from the obvious lack of fuzzy blurs (although I will miss the pretty rainbows I can see round lights), is that all the comments I've had regarding the procedure have consisted of "aren't you a bit young to be having that problem?"

Nice to actually be considered too young for something
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Best of luck to you. I don't know how I'd ever deal with that. the idea of anything close to my eyes freaks me out so bad. I won't wear contacts, and I can't even get a good glaucoma test (the light from the test makes me tear up so much they can't get a result).
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((Good Luck))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Waiting for responses as to how it's gone!

Rapscallion

Comment

It went well thanks
          I think the worst bit was the local before hand, but even that wasn't too bad. The op itself has some really interesting visuals

Took the dressing off this morning & started on the eye drops, looks like I've been poked in the eye but that's about it. Its taken til now for the dilation effect to wear off from my pupil from the op yesterday so I can see pretty good now.

Everyone in the day op unit were lovely.
          Really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, even though I hate people near my eyes!
          Arp happens!

Comment

Glad it went well.

That's a surgery I would rather avoid. Here's another one in the Do-not-want-pokey-objects-near-my-eyes/Please-just-knock-me-out club. Glad your procedure went smoothly.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Glad it went well and hope that it heals up quickly!
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

My mom had that surgery done too. I think they gave her a sedative as well as the local. But I think that surgery goes pretty quickly.

I'm glad it went well for you.
                "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                  It went well thanks
                  I think the worst bit was the local before hand, but even that wasn't too bad. The op itself has some really interesting visuals

*snip*
                  Glad to hear things went so well!

Er ... what do you mean by "interesting visuals"? Just wondering because a friend had cataract surgery many years ago and she mentioned they'd given her some kind of drug that apparently mimicked the effects of LSD. Never occurred to me to ask how she knew what the effects of LSD were ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    Glad to hear things went so well!

Er ... what do you mean by "interesting visuals"?
                    Oops, almost missed this.

The best I can describe it is lying underwater looking at the sun through ripples... with some nice blue & red kaleidoscope patterns in the middle. That.s while the theatre lights were over my anyway..

They moved those away and I couldn't see much of anything
                    Arp happens!

Comment

Working...
                    X