This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've Decided...

After working at the dog daycare/boarding facility that I have been for a couple months now... I'm going to pursue an education and certification as a vet tech. As much as I love this job... it's not going to get me enough money to move out of my parent's house and be able to successfully survive on my own the way I would like to.

Therefore... VET TECH!

I found an amazing program that will place me in an hands-on work experience program (read: internship =P) and then try their damndest to get me a job once I pass/complete the program.

WISH ME LUCK EVERYONE!

If this works out, I might continue the education as I work as a Vet Tech to become a full on licensed veterinarian. GOTTA KEEP WORKING FOR THE TOP RIGHT!
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Aaaah, that's awesome news Congrats!!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck to you!

Comment

I hope your training does not include this.

Best of luck.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well. Hopefully it includes that....just with more warning.

Comment

Congrats!

As for the *ahem* special syringes...Yeah. It's an unpleasant side you will have to deal with sooner or later, so it may be best to get it out of the way x.x Unless you have the good fortune to work for a No-kill shelter, anyway
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Good luck! Both I and at least one of my partners in nonsense coworkers are wanting to get out of retail pharm and go to vet tech instead. We're just worried about the math that's required, we're both pretty, erm, challenged, when it comes to numbers.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
              X