• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf?

This was on my boyfriends keg:

Warning: do not iron or tumble dry.

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

You know, if there's a warning about it, someone's tried it and there's probably been a lawsuit involved.

Comment

This is a metal drum used for keeping beer in right? Or is it something else?

Comment

I have a football* shirt that has on the label, "Wash when dirty."

I'm thinking that the intelligence of most football fans isn't highly rated.

*Football as in the real game of football, where you kick a ball with your foot.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          This is a metal drum used for keeping beer in right? Or is it something else?
          Beer. My boyfriend and his friend decided that they wanted to branch out from buying cartons.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          *Football as in the real game of football, where you kick a ball with your foot.
          Is that Aussie rules or association football?

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            This was on my boyfriends keg:

Warning: do not iron or tumble dry.

See that's too exclusive a list; now I want to put one in the washing machine and through a linen press. 'Cause it doesn't say that you can't. And if it ends badly I could always sue!

I agree with WoodenSunshine, the warning is there to prevent more people from trying something this idiotic
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Well, people who buy kegs do often get drunk....just sayin' somebody must have tried something stupid sometime....
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I should further clarify, that this is part of a setup where you can buy the keg dispensing part separately from the actual beer product itself. Sadly all the beer choices available for said keg system are crap but meh. The warning label was on the dispenser part

Comment

But we CAN put it in the washing machine? That is my first thought. It says no to tumble dry, but nothing about not putting it in the washing machine. Drunk people would so want to test that.

I have a football* shirt that has on the label, "Wash when dirty."

I'm thinking that the intelligence of most football fans isn't highly rated.

I saw a label for a shirt that just said "Get your mom to wash it."
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                    [I]

I saw a label for a shirt that just said "Get your mom to wash it."
                    Lol, my mum would just say, "Wash it yourself." XD

Another stupid label I remember from my days working at the pet store, on this washable dog blankets:

Washable dog blankets. Caution: Remove dog first.

My DeviantArt.

Comment

Another stupid label I remember from my days working at the pet store, on this washable dog blankets:

Washable dog blankets. Caution: Remove dog first.

I'm gonna assume that one is just a company with a sense of humor.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

From my satellite system:

'Nous vous recommandons d'être deux personnes avant l'installer de notre prouduit.'

My translations suck but roughly:
                        We recommend you should be two people before installing our product.

I really hope whoever wrote the manual just can't speak French otherwise that company has seriously high expectations of their customers abilities.
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Either that, or they got Babelfish to do their translation for them. XD

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          I'm gonna assume that one is just a company with a sense of humor.
                          I am clinging to that hope, especially since I heard that on some fold up buggies there's a similar instruction to remove the child before you fold the buggy up. XD
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X