Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else thinking about Halloween?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'm thinking about Halloween. Considering where I work, that can't be helped. While we're not allowed actual costumes, we are allowed to make holiday-themed aprons with the fabric sold there. I did one for St. Patrick's Day, and I've got the Halloween fabric picked out, now all I have to do is put it together.

Son's been coming up with lots of ideas for his costume; he wants to be a Ringwraith or the Witch King from LOTR, or anything that requires a helluva lot more money and/or costuming skill than Mommy has!

Me, I'm probably going to go as a pirate, since they're not holding the Pirate Festival this year. Gotta let my inner buccaneer out sometime! Besides, when you're overweight and wear glasses, very few costumes work with those limitations.
    Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    I have my first decoration already. but then that goes with the territory when adopting a black cat.
    I know black animals are difficult to photograph, but pics please!
    Last edited by XCashier; 09-08-2013, 04:34 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My husband says I have to wait until 6 weeks before Halloween to start decorating.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I actually have a halloween party to go to this year - so I have to get a good costume. I'm currently drawing a blank.

Comment

I hope that this Halloween is going to be a vast improvement on last year..

Last Halloween, hardly anyone around here seemed to be taking part - not only were not many houses decorated, when we went out we didn't see more than a few others trick or treating - and when we got home, someone had taken the big carved pumpkin from the gate post (I found it a day or two later, broken, where it had been thrown onto the meadow opposite our house )
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

We have our very own grown up house this year so I really hope we'll be able to decorate (im for sure going to get spider webs and a pumpkin For each of the kids). I'm really looking forward to Christmas too, I can't wait to get new lights.

Comment

The uniform policy at work is fairly rigid (bleh), so I'll probably only be able to wear my ears again. Maybe my pawhands if I'm not on register--for that to work it needs to be cold enough for the longsleeve shirt though. My wolf tail sticks out just enough for someone to see it as a safety hazard
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Down here, we won't be handing out candy this year, but I plan on dressing up if I can.

In fact, the police actually did something good (for once!) and provided signs on their website for households to print out. They could then stick them up on their door. Basically the signs said something to the extent of "we do/don't provide candy". And yes, believe it or not, the signs WORK.
                (we did ours last year-once we put the sign up, everyone else ignored us . We have 2 groups that trawl my neighbourhood.)
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I should note that The Client apparently does allow some of its workers to dress up for Halloween, but given the nature of The Client, the high muckety-mucks probably frown forbiddingly about it.

Last year, I saw someone dressed as Moses. Complete with stone tablets.

That said, given my propensity on Halloween is to wear a lucha libre mask, which prevents me from wearing my glasses-- and thus makes it really hard to see the computer screens-- I don't dress up at work anymore.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yes but only because my daughter loves bats and this is the only time of year I can find them locally.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I don't have anywhere to go as I don't go to school that day. I want to try Alex from a Clockwork Orange as I think my hair will be (albeit the wrong color) the right length, and the outfit, aside from that weird waist thing, would be easy enough to get.

But where would I go? :P

And I've never even seen the movie.

I can't wear a mask in public as it is illegal in my state to do so if you are over 16 years of age.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I'm going as Steampunk Batgirl, complete with gun/mask. Even the boots.

My second costume (for the adult party) is a steampunk Poison Ivy. Corset, peticoats. I have tights that have vines going up them :P

Comment

Quoth Moogles View Post
                          I'm going as Steampunk Batgirl, complete with gun/mask. Even the boots.

My second costume (for the adult party) is a steampunk Poison Ivy. Corset, peticoats. I have tights that have vines going up them :P
                          Pics. Please?
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                            I don't have anywhere to go as I don't go to school that day. I want to try Alex from a Clockwork Orange as I think my hair will be (albeit the wrong color) the right length, and the outfit, aside from that weird waist thing, would be easy enough to get.
                            I went as Alex a couple of years ago. I skipped the belt/codpiece thing though because I thought it was goofy-looking, even in the movie. Got pretty much everything I needed at Goodwill except for the eyelashes and the hat. Everyone thought it was a fairly good costume.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              I know black animals are difficult to photograph, but pics please!
                              I downloaded this one from the shelter website.
                              Attached Files
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Looking into costumes on torrid. I am thinking pirate wench because then I can use it again for renaissance here as they have a large pirate subset.

Comment

Working...
                                X