This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That frustrating moment when...

You have to go out and buy a corkscrew because you find there isn't one in the apartment. And you just happen to be wearing shorts whose length are...well my rear is covered.

If you are going to drink the whole bottle, you can just pus the cork down into it.

If you aren't, there are ways to get the cork out without a corkscrew. Google "opening wine bottle without corkscrew" and you'll find several videos.

Effective ways that are free and not nearly as embarrassing as your wardrobe apparently was.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I think wine tastes like cough syrup. I needed it for a dish I'm making.

And I did...but sadly ALL of the steak knives are stuck in a locked room (why? I dunno)

No screws/pliers or nails/hammer available.

Couldn't find a tap one that made sense...
      Last edited by Aethian; 09-09-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

You don't have a wall?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Yes I have a wall but it wasn't working when I tried it and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. That and I was leaving some marks...

Comment

The end result of me running to the store in my shorts...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1361773480.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	2030355

Comment

Wow, that looks delicious!
              Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Thanks, it had a nice sweet savory taste to it.

Comment

You use a towel. You don't need to hit it that hard, either. You just need it hit it the right way.

Also, it helps if you cut the wrapper off from around the cork. Just saying.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    You use a towel. You don't need to hit it that hard, either. You just need it hit it the right way.

Also, it helps if you cut the wrapper off from around the cork. Just saying.
                    Right and apparently I wasn't hitting it the right way.

I'm also not a idiot thanks.

Comment

Seeing that the crisis of how to get the wine opened has passed, and yes that dish does look mighty delish, let me ask Aethian what kind of wine cork did you end up picking up?

I find for myself, a winged corkscrew is sturdier than a small waiter's corkscrew . . . have had a few of those break off into the cork.

If you get the opportunity, those jackrabbit-style corkscrews are really good and not as time consuming. Several years ago I was given a Houdini wine opener set (level type opener with a couple of the extra screws and a foil cutter in a nice storage box) that I use religiously.

Haven't lost a cork in a bottle or had a screw break off that bad boy yet.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        Seeing that the crisis of how to get the wine opened has passed, and yes that dish does look mighty delish, let me ask Aethian what kind of wine cork did you end up picking up?

I find for myself, a winged corkscrew is sturdier than a small waiter's corkscrew . . . have had a few of those break off into the cork.

If you get the opportunity, those jackrabbit-style corkscrews are really good and not as time consuming. Several years ago I was given a Houdini wine opener set (level type opener with a couple of the extra screws and a foil cutter in a nice storage box) that I use religiously.

Haven't lost a cork in a bottle or had a screw break off that bad boy yet.
                        A winged corckscrew. I had the choice between that one and a oversized screw with handle. I was contemplating the handle one but it seems like the last few times I've used one of those I've broken the top of the bottle at either rim or neck. The first time I didn't know that happened and cut my mouth. Second and third times I cut my palm.

The winged one also came with some tops so I was able to seal the bottle. Going to spice that wine some and use it on a pork roast.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          Right and apparently I wasn't hitting it the right way.

I'm also not a idiot thanks.
                          Didn't mean to imply that you were. It's just that sometimes I've seen otherwise intelligent people miss something minor and basic, like taking the wrapper off before trying to uncork a bottle of wine.

And yes, I am including myself in this one. After all, as I've said many times before here and elsewhere, I basically AM an idiot!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Did anyone say anything to you about your shorts? Or were you just uncomfortable running to the store in shorts that length?

The meal looks delicious, though So that's a positive. And I'm happy you have other meals planned around the wine. I agree that wine tastes like cough syrup.
                            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                              Did anyone say anything to you about your shorts? Or were you just uncomfortable running to the store in shorts that length?

The meal looks delicious, though So that's a positive. And I'm happy you have other meals planned around the wine. I agree that wine tastes like cough syrup.
                              <3<3

I got a few weird looks cause of my size and I was a bit self conscious since I wear those shorts at the gym. But at the gym I wear them cause I can work out in them easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X