Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Christmas Card Exchange is over! Hope you had fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got KatherineB and Monica's cards today, hoping to have mine in the mail by Wednesday. They're done but now I have to sign and address them.

Comment

• Got KatherineB's card today. Thanks, Katherine!

Comment

• My cards are all addressed...sorry about my handwriting. The only pen I could find that would write on the cards and dry quickly enough was a sharpie marker, so my first couple attempts (with pens 1 and 2) are a little messed up, and the rest are, well, written with a sharpie marker...(I may be slightly high after 35 cards...)

Now I just need to remember what I did with my stamps...

Edit: Found my stamps! Cards will be mailed next week (which is early for me but my life is so much chaos right now it's just as well)
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 12-01-2013, 03:23 AM.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I received a lovely beribboned card from bhskittykatt today.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            I received a lovely beribboned card from bhskittykatt today.

Me too!

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I received a lovely beribboned card from bhskittykatt today.
              And me! With a picture of Pippin the Guinea Pig that Little Shirts has been talking about for most of the afternoon.

And some fun stickers from the land down under, and nice cards from Monica and taxguycarl.

Smileyeagle, I have to ask: What is the "Odd Couples Rest Home" pictured on the back of your personalized card? That both amused and confused me.
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

• received 5 so far...kept up the tallies...got all my cards sent off Saturday, both international and domestic.
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• got the cards from bshkittykat and Monica yesterday, only now am I just able to get to the computer. We WERE going to work on cards tonight, but got sidetracked decorating the house, so we'll work on them this week, have them out by this weekend, tops.

Comment

• Cards are in the mail! Got a couple I need to tally.

Comment

• Mine will be going out later, rather than sooner, as well. Will do my tallies later today, from home.

edit:

Since the start, I have received cards from...

Monica
                      bhskittykat
                      taxguykarl (holy crap, somebody else who remember Kliban)
                      smileyeagle
                      KatherineB (the boomerang sticker came loose or something so I stuck it on my computer case)
                      Last edited by EricKei; 12-03-2013, 11:36 PM.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Mine are all written out, just need to double check to make sure I got everyone covered (note to future self: no late night card writing) and they should be going out the next day or so.
                        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Got Sarlon's glittery card today.

Comment

• Mine will be sended now we have December reached
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                              taxguykarl (holy crap, somebody else who remember Kliban)
                              Well yes, I've had cats who could have easily posed for Kliban
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Got all of mine addressed today will be sending them out of friday.
                                Lay your hands upon me
                                Like an angel from above
                                Put your arms around me,
                                'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Working...
                                X