Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My turn for good thoughts, if you could...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Home again, home again! Jiggity-ji-YEEEOOOOWCH! Ok, someone else can dance the jig. I'm going to curl up in a corner and whimper for a while.

Yes, I'm home from the hospital. I'm tired, weak, and feel like some medievalist used my belly for longsword practice (I need to tighten up my defenses...) I would have posted from the hospital, but cell and wireless were pretty much useless in my room.

That was the good news. Now for the not-so-god news. All three lesion on the kidney came back cancerous. None of the doctors I talked to mentioned anything about chemo/radiation/malignancy/etc, so at this point, we're monitoring the other kidney closely and I'll be seeing a geneticist in the next few months to see if this particular variety is hereditary or not.

For the immediate future, it's rest, percocet, and Netflix... Thanks for the well wishes folks!
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Craaaap...

Best wishes and most positive vibes out to you!
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I am so happy to hear the surgery went well. Good luck and a speedy recovery. I will pray that the cancer did not spread and that you won't have to undergo any chemo or anything. Enjoy your Netflix, and try not to let people use you for sword practice anymore.
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Percocet and ponies.

....Let me know how that works out. Glad to hear you are doing well though
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            Percocet and ponies.

....Let me know how that works out. Glad to hear you are doing well though

Pretty close, actually. Percocet and a surprise visit from Atavan thanks to a sudden bout of panic attcks (thinking you can't breathe when reclining is a real problem when sitting up isn't happening fast...) on one side, and a pair of purple stuffed dragons to anchor me on the other (Spike and Figment. Spyro would be there too, but he's hiding...)

My breathing is fine, but for some reason, I'm panicking over it. It seems to be getting better. I was also having dreams about having to be on the computer for some reason, so it got shut off for several days.

I'm getting there, just slowly...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
            X