This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The general awesomeness of Jester

So, as we know Jester flew out to visit family this week. Since he has to practically pass my house to get to the airport, we decided it would be awesome to hang out for the evening before he had to go to the airport. We had a blast! And it was totaly awesome to introduce my favorite Key West bartender to my favorite Miami bartender. I'll let Jester tell any stories, since he's a far better story teller than I.

*Click on image to enlarge.

A few drinks into the evening.
    Last edited by Ree; 10-10-2013, 09:19 AM.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

OMG FACES!! You're not just algorithms!

Looks like you had a great time!
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

LOL. Yeah, imagine that!

And I'm never very good at guessing what people look like. When I met Jester in his town a few months ago he looked completely different than I expected. If I recall correctly, he was expecting me to be a brunette, not a redhead.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

"See?" I'll tell my wife, "My invisible friends are real!"

Looks like the two of you are having a great evening. Whatcha drinking?

Comment

I was drinking Amber Bock all night. I think in that picture he's got a Guinness. Don't ask me. He had to drive my car back to my house and then we stayed up chatting until he had to leave for the airport a little before 6am. I only got a couple hour nap, so my brain isn't working all that well today.

Comment

I seriously don't think that's a Guinness he's holding.

Comment

I said don't ask me! He had at least one Guinness sometime during the night. Among other things. Not sure.

Comment

(And in my defense, I'm running on a couple hours sleep and looked at my own drink not his when I was trying to remember what he was drinking).

I need more coffee. And a nap. Or both.

Comment

It looks like an amber ale of some kind to me, on my phone, at the bar, 3 beers in.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
                    OMG FACES!! You're not just algorithms!

Looks like you had a great time!
                    We definitely had fun. Just as we did in Key West when she came down a while back. When, according to her regular bartenders in Miami, I apparently taught her how to drink. Ask her about that one.

As for the faces, while I can't comment on mathnerd, I've posted many pictures of myself on this site over the years.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                    When I met Jester in his town a few months ago he looked completely different than I expected.
                    I'm afraid to ask....what WERE you expecting? A serious accountant type in a three lied suit?

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                    If I recall correctly, he was expecting me to be a brunette, not a redhead.
                    Yep. Very much expected very dark hair. No idea why.

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                    I seriously don't think that's a Guinness he's holding.
                    Correct. That is a Bass. I had two Basses, an Amber Bock, a Guinness, and a shot of Angostura 1919 rum, their only decent rum for sipping. And somehow *I* was the one driving home. (And yes, that was the correct call, as I was quite sober.)
                    Last edited by Jester; 10-10-2013, 05:36 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Correct. That is a Bass. I had two Basses, an Amber Bock, a Guinness, and a shot of Angostura 1919 rum, their only decent rum for sipping. And somehow *I* was the one driving home. (And yes, that was the correct call, as I was quite sober.)
                      ]
                      Hey! I was drink for drink with you, and you're a much more experienced drinker! Cut me some slack here, will ya?

Comment

Oh, nothing against you. You held your own, and I wouldn't say otherwise.

But I AM the professional.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                          I was drinking Amber Bock all night. .
                          Who's she...must be a lucky girl :P
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

...you lucky, lucky girl D:
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Aw don't worry.I'm sure someone will want to drink you too little one
                              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X