This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New family member

You guys...my fiance and I are getting a kitten!!! We're supposed to be able to get him around Monday. He's about 5 months old, he's cream-colored with red points and a tabby-striped tail, and he has the most gorgeous blue eyes (this may not last, but I am finding pictures of adult Colorpoint Shorthairs/red point Siamese cats with the same stunning eyes). I will be posting pics as soon as I can!

Aaaand...pictures.

Last edited by Dentarthurdent; 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM. Reason: added pics
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

If he's really 5 months, that's well past when kitten-blue fades. Points + age = welcome to owning a blue eyed Siamese mix.
    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
      I will be posting pics as soon as I can!

I saw no paperclip and came into this post JUST to say "Thread is useless w/o pics."
      Is this a Siamese Mix? If so, I'm so glad. I think they're one of the funnest breeds, but they got "fine tuned" way too much at least thirty years ago and were developing problems. It'd be nice to see that spunkiness and intelligence in an animal w/ fewer health issues.

and 'grats!

Comment

Congrats on the new kitten! I am so excited to see photos!
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Congrats! I used to be owned by a Siamese, myself -- full adult, with wonderful sky-blue eyes =^_^= He was a talker, and the only pet I've ever had who figured out what the doorknob was for...he just couldn't *quite* get it to work, tho he had the general idea.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            Is this a Siamese Mix?
            Um...I'm not entirely clear on whether to call him that, or a closely related breed, but the short answer is that his specific color type is descended from a cross of Siamese cats and orange shorthair tabby cats. So short answer is yes?
            "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
            Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Yeah, definitely gonna keep those blue eyes...they're from the Siamese ancestry. I think he's got some growing left, too...those paws!
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Ohhhh who's a pretty widdle kitteh ohh yes you are.....ahem...nice addition to the family!!

Comment

Such a pretty kitty!

Comment

Beautiful kitty!

Comment

Working...
                    X