Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel a little sorry for a wonder trade partner in Japan I got paired up with... >_>

I gave the Wonder Trade option a shot, not really knowing what the heck I was doing and stuck a level 2 weedle into the trade window, after a moment I got a trade match, next thing I knew, after the trade was done, I had received a level 27 gabite and the other person got stuck with my throwaway weedle x_x
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

• Next time might be the opposite to be honest. It's a toss up. Sometimes you get decent things, but for the most part you are going to get pokemon that people just think they don't need. My guess is they were trying to breed a High IV or shiny Gible, and that was one of the ones that didn't make the grade.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Just got a 2DS and Pokemon X.

FC: 1006-0274-3171

I'm just starting...my first Pokemon game so I'm trying to figure out how things work, but I'll add just about anybody.

Comment

• Ok I will add you, and if you have any questions let me know.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Been trying my luck at the Battle Maison, computer cheats like crazy -.-

No matter how you set up your team, it always puts you up against things you are weakest against, if you set up a team that has an unexpected ability (like a Lapras with thunderbolt), the opponent will typically be holding a berry to make that move no longer super effective, or will have a focus band to stop you one-hitting them. No matter what I try, I can never make it past maybe round 15 at most.
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

• I will admit that I've never been much into Pokemon (we still have Red/Blue cartridges somewhere that I've never really picked up) but I keep looking at Pokemon X and thinking, "Maybe I should."

So to all you fans to a non-fan, why should I get this generation game in particular?

(My current main draw is the fact that it utilizes the DS capabilities more than most of my other games. My area is crap for StreetPass )
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Well the graphics are superior, so there is that. Also, I find it more 'user friendly'. Pokemon are easier to level up, cash is easier to come by, and you start with more resources to help.

Pokemon Marriland, Youtube, Bulbapedia, Here, Smogon .. All have things that can teach you anything you need to know/have questions about. You have a few of us that still play, and we can help you out as well. I am almost constantly playing/online so you can pm me any questions, requests for help, etc. Those are the good parts... now the bad.

You won't be able to compete against most players to be honest. They have access to pokemon you are not going to have access to, from older games. I played most of the older games, and I still do not have near what most do. Though honestly I don't compete against other people so not a big deal for me. That is the major con. If you like challenging other people, you are going to be at a slight disadvantage. If you just want to challenge the computer well.. it is not an issue. The storylines are all pretty much the same also. So if you have played one, you know pretty much what the rest will be like. That is another con.

Now some 'neutral things' I like. The pokebank WHENEVER it comes out. If you find you like pokemon and another pokemon comes out, you do not have to lose all your pokemon or go through a painful process of once again capturing the pokemon you spent so much time capturing. However, it also means that people who have access to older generations of pokemon that you don't.. that means that you are again at a disadvantage if you want to compete against them.

Anyhow, if you decide you want to try it, please let us know. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post

You won't be able to compete against most players to be honest. They have access to pokemon you are not going to have access to, from older games. I played most of the older games, and I still do not have near what most do. Though honestly I don't compete against other people so not a big deal for me. That is the major con. If you like challenging other people, you are going to be at a slight disadvantage. If you just want to challenge the computer well.. it is not an issue.
                  Ah...the Magic problem. Good to know it exists in other games I've got a couple of friends locally who play, so one can limit play against only those you know, correct? Or is it all randomized?

The storylines are all pretty much the same also. So if you have played one, you know pretty much what the rest will be like. That is another con.
                  That's actually a bigger con for me. I'm a story player (FF, Zelda, Okami, Kingdom Hearts, etc. are my favorite types of games). Hard for me to get into a game that doesn't have a solid story. (Tetris notwithstanding).
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• You can limit it. There is what is known as Friend Codes. Exchange these with each other, and there is a screen at the bottom that will show when they are online with you. Then you can just select them, select battle, and there you go.

Spoilers (highlight to see):
                    As for the story line they all are very similar but their are differences. The main goal is always to beat the final four and champion to become champion. There is also normally an organization trying to cause trouble. What kind of trouble, and why do differ however at least slightly.

There are subtle differences, and different things you have to accomplish to proceed, but yes the story has not yet changed in a major way since generation I (This is Generation VI). The main saving grace is..you have to figure out which team will be best, there are different ways you have to progress, and there are still some differences. I will say that I never really got majorly into pokemon until this generation. I played the others, but for some reason this one has kept me entertained. Working on over 300+ hours on the game at this point. That is a LOT of time. Though the main story line takes about 40-60 hours depending.

Comment

• So, I'm waaaay late with this, but here's my FC: 2063-0590-5759
                      My fiancee's is 0404-7216-8402 (he doesn't post here, so figured I'd help )

PS, added everyone who listed their number...I'll get fiancee to do the same later
                      Last edited by KhirasHY; 01-12-2014, 06:26 AM.
                      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                      "What IS fun to fight through?"
                      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

• Ok . I will add you also.

Comment

• Smogon is a fantastic resource, but keep in mind, they have their own set of competitive rules that aren't official in any way. They just help to balance the game. Their Orange Islands subforum is where you'd find your casual, in-game tips and tricks. But I'm biased; I'm one of the artists for their online magazine.

Comment

• For any of you that have not played Pokemon X/Y in a little while, update your holocaster, there's a couple of news updates, one regarding a new attraction that has been added to the Pokemon Global Link, the other regarding Rating Battle Season 2.
                            Violets are blue,
                            Roses are red,
                            I bequeath to thee...
                            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

• Looks like I may be out of luck. Shipping my 3ds to Nintendo to see why it has stopped working. Think either baby powder or bleach got into it. LONG story. So... looks like I am out of the Pokemon business for about 3 weeks at least.

Comment

• and this is why you don't play pokemon while changing a babys nappy Mytical =p /joking

On a surprising note, I was doing some wonder trades and got an Aron, only to take it to the IV checker and find that I had been sent an Adamant 5IV Aron (I just hope dearly that someone didn't send the wrong one by accident >_>)

I do wish people would be a little more realistic though with their trade requests, I've been trying to track down a Feebas so I can evolve it into a Milotic, but all the ones I have found on the GTS all have legendaries like Meloetta/Mew/Genesect/etc as what they want in return. Like heck I'd trade a legendary for something like a Feebas -.-

EDIT: Finally found one to trade for a Chikorita.
                                EDIT2: WOO! Got a bunch of 5IV pokemon off the GTS - Oddish, Mienfoo, Goomy, Weaville (4IV vulpix)
                                Last edited by Kagato; 01-27-2014, 01:47 AM.
                                Violets are blue,
                                Roses are red,
                                I bequeath to thee...
                                A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
                                X