Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't decided yet. I WANT to, but my latest idea needs a couple of major plot points or else the story will come to a screeching halt. I really like the excitement of NaNo.

It's just been hard to concentrate on stuff like this with constant pain.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'll be making an attempt, though I may be hampered by work and so on at times. I'm going to be picking up where I left off (read: at square one) last year, with my continuation to the NaNo I did a few years ago, "Star Force One: Origins." (Although SF1:O ended up being finished in JUNE, and still came in only at 43K.

The continuation will feature a few more appearances by the over-arcing (and creepy) villain, Ravager, but probably less Mech-action than the first.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm also an unofficial Municipal Liaison for my region this year. I've asked to be notified so I can officially apply next year, but this year one of our two MLs is kinda swamped with work so may not be as active as she normally would be, so I'm helping to fill in some gaps. I'm hosting some write-ins on Thursdays to ensure we have a good spread of write-ins for anyone that can't make it on weekends or on the Monday/Tuesday write-ins. Unless no one shows up. Our regional forums are extremely quiet so far, so I have no idea who's going to what.

My plot is already outlined (having an outline, for me, is a necessity to win), and I have my summary up as well on my profile, where it reads like a book jacket teaser if anyone wants to check it out. Any that were on my mailing list a few years ago will recognize the names, though there have been significant plot changes and a change in title.

Comment

IT BEGINS.

I'm at 2067 words so far. I've also just gone through my buddy list and deleted anyone that doesn't have an active novel this year. So if I accidentally deleted anyone that just hasn't gotten around to activating their novel for this year, I apologize.

I have a kickoff party/write-in for 6:00 this evening, hosted at our local newspaper headquarters, and possibly migrating to IHOP later on.

Comment

I'm doing GREAT so far! I'm writing in chunks in between cooking for a day of the dead party tomorrow. I'm up to 3k, which is the second time EVER that I've been up above the line. I hope to hit 5k tonight, and be at 10k by tomorrow after the writein. I figure if I get ahead now, I don't have to fret on the days that I get nothing done. Like Tuesdays, when I have class that somehow drains me even though I'm home by two and then have to get my webcomic done for the week, or mondays, when i know I'll have homework to do, and Sundays, when it's roleplaying day and I might not have time to knock out a thousand before the game starts.
            My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

I hit 1700 this morning before I went to bed. Then woke up a few hours later with a raging cold and sore throat. So taking care of that right now...
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm a first timer. Just joined the site yesterday (almost forgot!!). Ive been promising to do this for years and this year I finally remember in time and I'm hoping to kick some literary butt.

At 2086 words today.

Feel free to add me, same name as here: Amina516

Comment

This is harder than i thought considering Im in the middle of a research class and have to write papers for that too... Blargh! 4186 words.

Comment

I'm still writing an outline for mine. That, at least, is north of 4000 words so far.

It's a good use for my Hercules eCafe and its incredible battery life. I can shut down all of my noisier computers, sit anywhere I like, and concentrate.

Comment

Currently at 3654. "Helios" by Audiomachine is providing a great inspirational boost

ETA: 5254. I'm on a roll.
                      Last edited by MoonCat; 11-03-2013, 03:14 AM.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Just past the 4k mark! Doing well this year. For once I am not sick or had something terrible happened or just plain not in the mood.
                        As soon as I start thinking
                        That I'm sensible and sane
                        The Random Hedgehog comes along
                        And fiddles with my Brain
                        (from card I got)

Comment

I had my Halloween party last night and ran around all day yesterday getting ready so I didn't write a damn thing. Time to double up again today! Need to get ahead because this upcoming weekend is going to involve a trip down south to deal with some after-funeral things (retrieving the car we inherited, closing out a PO box, picking up death certificates). Trying NOT to stay overnight so it'll be a day of driving, work and MORE driving to avoid that, leaving no time for writing.

Comment

I'm at 8k, and my goal is to hit ten today. I've never been so ahead and it's thrilling.
                            My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Participated last year for the first time, but didn't reach 50k words. My muse up and disappeared on me.

I wasn't sure if I was going to participate this year or not, because I still didn't have an idea for a story as of yesterday. But last night before bed I came up with an idea for a Doctor Who story so that's what I'm going with.

I'm glad I decided to write a Doctor Who story. The words are just flowing out of me now, whereas last year I had to struggle to at least meet the minimum word count each day.

It helps writing what you know, I guess.
                              my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                              it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                                My muse up and disappeared on me.
                                You need some of them Muse-goosers...
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X