This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new new equivalent of the 'phone buddy' system

The phone buddy system was apparently a system whereby each participant was responsible for calling another person. If said person did not answer, the participant would try again; if there was still no answer, they would contact police to do a check or just call 911.

So I get a phone call from my brother: "Hi. Call me at home or on my cellphone."

Me: "Ohnoohnoohno, what's wrong now ohmygoodnessohnoohno ..." Frantic dialing. "Yeah, it's me, what's wrong?"

Bro: "You still alive?"

Me: "What the #*%#!!!!??"

Bro: "(Cousin) emailed me to say he hasn't seen you on Facebook in 4 or 5 days. Just checking that you're still alive."

Me: "Yes. I'm still alive."

V"ictor are you still alive?"
    "YESSSS I'm still alive!!!!"

Cookies for anyone who knows where that came from!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

You joke, but I have a friend that posted several times a day on twitter, Facebook, and at least a dozen (not sure what they call them) re-Tumbles on her blog. Her Kickstarter for something didn't fund, she posted how depressed she was and that was it. It's been a week now, and she finally updated her status.

"God, yes I'm still alive. Just because I don't post cat pictures every day doesn't mean you can all message me all worried.

Also, thank you."

Comment

See I would love that level of concern. I had friends who didn't see me for over two months, despite us living in the same dorm and obviously having meals at the same time. When I mentioned it to my friend she replied "Yeah well you tend to just disappear for months on end, so it's cool."

That really worries me.
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

My roommate and I had that discussion of if either of us were to die who to contact, complete with usernames and passwords for certain sites. Hell, I wanted her to be that person before she was even my roommate.

Comment

Working...
          X