Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sms001
    replied
    Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    This Packer fan is ready to join you.
    On a related note....

    Leave a comment:


  • Irving Patrick Freleigh
    replied
    Quoth Victory Sabre View Post

    Now I'll go back into my corner and sob some more.
    This Packer fan is ready to join you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elspeth
    replied
    There are days you mention being a Seattle Sports Fan and you go a lot pained looks. Granted our football is a lot better, just heart attack inducing. Now we have soccer.

    But i have to think being a Mariners (baseball) fan is the ultimate in suffering. Most of us try to ignore it. Think we could trade them for basketball and hockey teams?

    Leave a comment:


  • cashierbex
    replied
    I grew up watching Miami Dolphins and New York Jets. I feel the pain on sucking.

    I prefer hockey over anything. Florida Panthers is my team (mostly cause Ft. Lauderdale is where I grew up) and New York Rangers next cause I was raised by a New Yorker.

    Leave a comment:


  • crazylegs
    replied
    Quoth blas View Post
    Let me just say........

    Uh....

    Really????
    Don't be mean Someone needs to support the underdogs!

    Leave a comment:


  • blas
    replied
    Let me just say........

    Uh....

    Really????

    Well, at least it's not the Bears, I guess. Could pick a publicly owned, much better team, though

    Leave a comment:


  • Trixie
    replied
    I'm only a fan of the teams I am because of where I live or lived but I do watch the local and national coverage when I can and have a decent idea of what's going on. Not really a big fan of anything else so it's the only sport I really even follow.

    Leave a comment:


  • Greenday
    replied
    Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
    As a long suffering Vikings fan, I feel sorry for you.

    Now I'll go back into my corner and sob some more.
    Victory Sabre does have a point. The Vikings do suck.

    Leave a comment:


  • sms001
    replied
    (Told to me by a vendor where I work the day after Halloween.)

    "Man, I had a terrible night last night."
    "Why's that?"
    "I went to a costume party in Minneapolis."
    "What happened?"
    "I was dressed as the Lombardi trophy, and no one knew who I was."



    Odd that the two teams mentioned here coincide with my life. I grew up in the D.C. area. But for some reason, I idolized Fran Tarkenton, and so was a Vikings fan. That was even the first game I ever went to - a Vikes / 'skins game. Two Superbowl defeats were too much for young me though, and even getting Fran back couldn't keep me from jumping ship to the Redskins, of whom I've now been a fan for 38 years, thick and thin.

    So pick 'em however you want. I think the only time "real" fans get irked is when someone climbs on a winner's bandwagon, or calls themselves a fan of the closest team geographically without any knowledge about them. That goes for all sports, really.
    Last edited by sms001; 11-02-2013, 08:59 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sapphire Silk
    replied
    Quoth crazylegs View Post
    Since my holiday a few weeks ago I've really got into NFL (which is suprising given my apathy to most other sports). I've pretty much decided which team I'm a supporter (Minnesota Vikings) because it was the first match I ever watched where I understood what was going on and enjoyed - is that enough of a reason for the die hard NFL fans or are there even more tenuous links out there?
    It's as good a reason as any. I'm a Redskins fan because I grew up in the DC area, and they won the Superbowl two years in a row when I was in high school. So even though they suck now, I'm still a fan.

    I loved baseball when I was a kid, too. I didn't like the Orioles, but really got into the Yankees. I'm not much of a baseball fan these days, but would probably pick a new favorite based on how good I thought their game was.

    Leave a comment:


  • Victory Sabre
    replied
    As a long suffering Vikings fan, I feel sorry for you.

    Now I'll go back into my corner and sob some more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Greenday
    replied
    Quoth crazylegs View Post
    Since my holiday a few weeks ago I've really got into NFL (which is suprising given my apathy to most other sports). I've pretty much decided which team I'm a supporter (Minnesota Vikings) because it was the first match I ever watched where I understood what was going on and enjoyed - is that enough of a reason for the die hard NFL fans or are there even more tenuous links out there?
    It's a much better reason than "Their quarterback is hot".

    I don't think there is anyone who would have a problem with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • crazylegs
    started a topic NFL

    NFL

    Since my holiday a few weeks ago I've really got into NFL (which is suprising given my apathy to most other sports). I've pretty much decided which team I'm a supporter (Minnesota Vikings) because it was the first match I ever watched where I understood what was going on and enjoyed - is that enough of a reason for the die hard NFL fans or are there even more tenuous links out there?
Working...
X