X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post

Pass me a beer?
    It would be frozen solid before it got there, not very nice. How about a daiquiri?
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Oh, I'm pretty sure it would thaw before it got here....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey Jester... instead of rubbing that warm weather in our faces, why not send some of it north? It'd sure be a lot better than all the arctic cold we've been getting from Canada lately!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I'll bet he's so acclimated to warmer climes that he'd lose a finger to frostbite reaching into the beer cooler!
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Said it before, and I'll say it again:

Polar Vortex is NOT a phrase that should be used when giving a forecast in South/Central Texas!! We're having (For us) a freakish cold snap. The wind outside is gusting horribly, and we're being told it may knock out power soon.

Our "High" for the day occurred at 12:05 am, and then started dropping. It stayed in the 50s until about noon, then dropped. Right around when I got off work, it really plummeted. We're hovering around 30 (though it says it feels like it's in the low 20s).

We're expected to hit the 20s overnight, which we're just not accustomed to here. And I'm emphasizing the "for us HERE". I know it's colder elsewhere, I do. For us, however, this is the Texas equivalent of those temps, but apparently when I try to explain it thusly to people at work, I'M told to quit whining, because it's so much worse up north.

Debated even posting here, because I truly cannot handle cold temps, and even indoors, with the heater cranked, the poor insulation of this old building, I'm shivering.

F*cking polar vortex...

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
              Hey Jester... instead of rubbing that warm weather in our faces, why not send some of it north? It'd sure be a lot better than all the arctic cold we've been getting from Canada lately!
              Sure, let me get right on that. Where did I leave that Weather Manipulation and Transportation Machine, anyway....?

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              I'll bet he's so acclimated to warmer climes that he'd lose a finger to frostbite reaching into the beer cooler!
              I've tempted fate many times on that one, and haven't had a problem yet!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Put the clutch in this morning, started the car. Clutch wouldn't go back up. 15 minutes of the car running and me working the clutch pedal by hand, finally working ok. Yes, that's correct, the hydraulic fluid for the clutch was frozen! Going to be a long day.
                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Heat wave today. It's 22 right now. Not -22 but 22! I'm liking the one day off the stupid cold weather.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I agree about the weather being too darn cold, Lupo. Although, in all honesty I'd rather deal with the cold right now, than the 100+ degree temperatures we'll get this summer.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• Record snowfall, dangerously low temperatures, and we haven't even got the worst of what has hit around us. Still, it can go away now. It is blasted COLD.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                        Put the clutch in this morning, started the car. Clutch wouldn't go back up. 15 minutes of the car running and me working the clutch pedal by hand, finally working ok. Yes, that's correct, the hydraulic fluid for the clutch was frozen! Going to be a long day.
                        Do you know what most hydraulic clutches use as an operating medium? Brake fluid. When was the last time you had the brake fluid in your car changed (both brake system and clutch)? That stuff absorbs moisture, and its boiling point drops (does its freezing point rise too?) - it needs to be changed every 2 years.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Ok, -15F for the high Monday is a very bad thing, and a blizzard watch tomorrow is also a very bad thing.

So how many years till I can retire and move out of this frozen hell hole?
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• *URGENT WEATHER WARNING FOR ALL WISCONSIN CSers (AND UPPER MIDWESTERN CSers) (BUT MOSTLY WISCONISN CSers)*

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                            I AGREE

In summary: make sure you know where your special plug is.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I know I say this every winter, but I can't remember a winter where not only do we get nonstop pummelled with snow EVERY time it goes above zero (the one day every week or two!) but the fact that we're now going into round three of dangerous double digit below zero for days on end chills.

Seriously...fuck this place. I'm out.

Good news for the rest of ya'll, I guarantee if I ever do leave this place, I'm pretty sure Wisconsin will have its most mild winter ever, as soon as I'm gone.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Quoth blas View Post
                                Seriously...fuck this place. I'm out.
                                Florida beckons.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X