This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Kid Names

Have anyone else's kids named their stuffed animals/dolls/imaginary friends incredibly weird crap? Or is it just mine?

My 4-year-old son, Khan, has just acquired a Glow Pet (perhaps you have seen their commercial on TV, or a display in your friendly neighborhood drugstore). It's a blue and yellow light-up stuffed dog.

Khan named him Meat Roast.

He also has a stuffed owl named Garage Man, and a whole group of imaginary friends/story characters, including Fish Farm the highly skilled ninja, and a family of supervillains beginning with Soup Pot (and his brothers, Knife Pot and Ice Pot, and their cousins Fire Pot and Sand Pot). His recurring playtime superhero is Iron Devil (which, honestly, sounds pretty cool).

And he has a stuffed hamster named Anna.

So just how weird is my child?
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

My middle son, when he was about 4 years old, had a stuffed elephant named Toothbrush.

I sure there have been other weird names, but in my exhausted state, that's the only one I can remember for now.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Your child is weird.

But awesome.

Comment

I think I should rent him to celebrities who are pregnant so he can name their babies for them.

Comment

...and I thought I was weird for having a Toyota named Melanie...
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post

Khan named him Meat Roast.

So just how weird is my child?
            Meat Roast.

Sounds like your son wants to be a chef
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My daughter got a toy from a kids' meal when she was 2 and promptly named it "Mashed Tato!"
              Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Sounds like your son wants to be a chef
                He says he wants to be an artist, but who knows? In my experience, people rarely end up being what they wanted to become when they were 4 (for instance, I am not a unicorn. Yet).

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  He says he wants to be an artist, but who knows? In my experience, people rarely end up being what they wanted to become when they were 4 (for instance, I am not a unicorn. Yet).
                  There's always hope .... unicorns have not CONCLUSIVELY been disproven

Comment

I had a little stuffed dog named "Hookie". I had my reasons for the name. I would bend my finger into a hook shape and then hang her there by the ribbon on her neck. I later kinda realized that that was rather disturbing.

There were others I had. A rainbow colored bear named Rainbow Bear was another one I can think of off the top of my head...
                    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

My brother named our guinea pig Butcher Boy when he was 3 or 4. No idea where it came from!

Comment

I named the smallest of my first goldfish Petite Anite. She was also the first to die.

The last one was called Snow White because of her silvery scales.
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I named my turtle Tommy (after the Rugrats character) when I was a kid (I was around 6-7 at the time). My sister (around 3) named hers Fluffy
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth protege View Post

...and I thought I was weird for having a Toyota named Melanie...
                            Mine is called Bonnie Blue. And Mom's 1973 El Camino was called Elrod.

I have two laptops, one is Gypsy, the other is Ducky. My current iPhone is Rosie and the old one is Otter.

Want to talk about cat names? I had a litter years ago whose names were Chablis, Merlot, Lambrusco and Fetzer. But there again, there was the other litter comprised of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Wendyburger.

Your little Khan sounds just fine to me. Different is a good thing and normal is boring.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

When one of my sisters was a kid she had a stuffed dog named Telephone. I actually remember how that happened...we were playing some silly game and she grabbed one of the dog's floppy ears, held it to her ear like a phone receiver and said "Hello?"

I don't think I had any weirdly-named toys or imaginary friends, but right now my computer and printer are named Stanley and Meredith*

*Reference, anyone?
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X