X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could care less about the Broncos.

Ergo, SEAHAWKS!
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

im rooting for the real stars of the super bowl

GO COMMERCIALS!!!
      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

I know many people who are I now rooting against the Seahawks because of Richard Sherman's post game comments. Even if I wasn't already a dedicated Donkey hater, I found his comments refreshingly honest and rather amusing, and guys like that make me want to root FOR them, not against them.

My buddy came to my bar today during one of the few lulls in the day. And we discussed the game. He brought up Sherman, and said that should make me want to root against the Hawks. I just stared at him. Then he posed this question: wouldn't I like to see Peyton Manning win it and then ride off into the sunset of retirement, a la John Elway? Again, I just stared at him.

Finally he realized that my stare was saying, "I'm a diehard Oakland Raiders fan. There is no reason in heaven or earth that would ever, ever, EVER get me to root for the Denver freakin' Broncos to win any game at all, let alone a championship, let alone a championship that would give the Donkeys as many Lombardis as the Raiders. Are you out of your fucking mind?"

For some strange reason, he persisted. Didn't I like Peyton a Manning? Sure, I told him....up until Manning donned the uniform of The Enemy. Let me out it this way, I asked him, a lifelong Cowboys fan....would you ever root for the Eagles to win a Super Bowl?

And that is when he shut up.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Let me out it this way, I asked him, a lifelong Cowboys fan....would you ever root for the Eagles to win a Super Bowl?

And that is when he shut up.
          Similar thing for me as a Deadskins fan. I'll always root for the team the 'Boys or the Hated Eagles are playing against.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I am rooting for the cheerleaders. Doesn't matter which team they are on. What?
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Finally he realized that my stare was saying, "I'm a diehard Oakland Raiders fan. There is no reason in heaven or earth that would ever, ever, EVER get me to root for the Denver freakin' Broncos to win any game at all, let alone a championship, let alone a championship that would give the Donkeys as many Lombardis as the Raiders. Are you out of your fucking mind?"
              It's ok, as a Broncos fan, I have use for the Raiders. When my vacuum cleaner broke, I just put a Raiders sticker on it, and it immediately started sucking again!
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Go SEAHAWKS!!
                "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Hard for me to pick a side in this one since two of my favorite Wisconsin Badger players are playing on opposite teams (Russell Wilson and Montee Ball).

If you put a gun to my head, I guess I would root for Denver. So that maybe Peyton will retire on top and I don't have to listen to the media slobbing his knob anymore.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well, since the Colts are now out of it and I'm not a huge fan of Peyton Manning (nothing really against him as a player, just tired of all the media coverage)...Go Seahawks!

I haven't really been watching the local news except for weather alerts so I'm sure having the Broncos playing is nearly as good as the hometown team. Who I might add has recovered quite nicely after Mr. Manning parted ways with the team.
                    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I'm torn...on the one side, we have the Seahawks...on the other, we have a Manning. >_<

I think I'm just gonna root for the guys who have the greatest influence over the scores of any given game: the dudes in the black & white striped uniforms...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I really wanted a Californian team in it... Not a big NFL person but I love home

But...Seahawks, since I met Mccoy, the tight end. (He is married to Tim Collier's daughter...and Tim Collier used to play for the 49ers)

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                          I'm rooting for Seattle.
                          Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          I'll always root for the team the 'Boys or the Hated Eagles are playing against.
                          Quoth Mytical View Post
                          I am rooting for the cheerleaders.
                          Too bad Sheldon isn't an Aussie.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

This time of year is always fun at da paper The NF.... um, I mean, company in charge of that game is very particular about how their trademarks are used in the paper and in ads. For example:

Can't say "Super Bowl/Superbowl" but can say "Super Bowl Party/Sale". Ditto for "The Big Game" (unless licensing fees are paid, of course) and "March Madness" -- that last one is only OK in the form of "March <insert term here> Madness". None of these may be accompanied by images of sports equipment/balls, etc

Can't use team logos or fonts (printing a team name in plain text is fine), even in an ad

Can't use abbreviations like NFL players or PGA golfers, have to refer to "Pro" players

We even have to tell advertisers to submit new ads, or just fix them for them, if there are potential violations. Fun times. Only real exception is for official sponsors like DaddyJim's Pizza or Pizza Hovel, and, even then, they have their own strictures.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That was one of the most awesome butt kickings I have ever seen in a Super Bowl game. The Seahawks were on FIRE right from the kickoff.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                                That was one of the most awesome butt kickings I have ever seen in a Super Bowl game. The Seahawks were on FIRE right from the kickoff.
                                Conversely, that was one of the most painful games I've ever watched, and I cheered on Denver in the time known as the Dark Years...
                                "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                                "What IS fun to fight through?"
                                "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
                                X