This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelling at Fake People

I just scolded a comic book character. Out loud.

Have you ever yelled at a fictional character? Who and when? (spoilers abound, obviously!)
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

I yell at fake people all the....Wait, what?! o_O Message board posters and the other players in MMO's count as "non-fake" people ??

Dammit >_<
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I do it all the time, with television shows and movies more than books. I just.... people acting so obviously and obliviously STUPID when it's transparently a plot device drives me BUGNUTS. My boyfriend is amused by my ranting, though.

Oh, and sound effects for stuff happening outside of an atmosphere. Um.. no. No atmosphere= no sound. And with the state of the art for effects, I won't give a pass to explosions depicted occurring outside an atmosphere either. They should be expanding spheres, not the rising columns that you always see with smoke pouring out of them.

And 'man in a rubber suit' aliens....

So, don't watch a movie with me unless you really want to get the commentary on what they did wrong (in a theater I'll save my comments til after, at home I don't), especially the science fiction genre.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Was watching ESPN classic yesterday that had a baseball game on from 1982. And even though I already knew the outcome I was still yelling at the tv like it was on live

Comment

So "Alien" gets a pass? If I remember correctly, the Nostromo exploded in silence.

Watching movies with science in them is hilarious for me as my husband is a scientist. Watching 'Fringe' was the best.

"That is NOT correct CDC protocol."
          "An electron miscoscope will NOT give you that information."
          "HE DIDN'T BALANCE THE CENTRIFUGE WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARRRGH."

I just bitched out Ian Nottingham from Witchblade for doing something monumentally stupid (although it should drive the plot forward in an interesting manner), which is why I brought it up.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

What about watching fake people on TV yell at other fake people on the first fake people's TV?
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

General Hospital..lots of times LOL!

Comment

I live in Los Angeles. Does that answer your question?
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Romance novels do that to me. It's like "Just talk Damnit!" As they go through that awkward assumptive period they always have before the proposal.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Creepers....

Comment

I guess hockey players are real and don't count? Or contestants on game shows when they make really dumb guesses.

Most of the time when I am watching the walking dead I end up yelling to somebody at some point 'Why don't you all just move to an island already!'
                      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Do people in other cars who clearly can't hear me count? Cuz I do that all the time...
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Book characters who do this: (1) Receive a clear warning not to go into a mysterious room in the basement/attic/wherever and (2) promptly enter that room and end up either dead or being chased by some horrible monster, requiring another character to save their ass.

TV characters in this scenario: Woman is alone in a large house, at night. Most of the lights are off. Woman is neither heroic nor even competent at fighting. She hears a noise (a footstep, a window breaking, something like that) and becomes frightened. Does she find a weapon or an exit? Does she lock herself into a room and block the door? If it's taking place in the current era, does she grab her cell phone and call the police? Nope. She goes to the top of the stairs (she's always upstairs), looks down the dark hall (there are never enough lights) and inquires in a little-girl, quavering voice - "Is someone there?" - Instantly letting Mysterious Intruder know that she's there, she's alone, and she's terrified.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Any characters in this scenario: Woman is alone in a large house, at night. Most of the lights are off. Woman is neither heroic nor even competent at fighting. She hears a noise (a footstep, a window breaking, something like that) and becomes frightened. Does she find a weapon or an exit? Does she lock herself into a room and block the door? If it's taking place in the current era, does she grab her cell phone and call the police? Nope. She goes to the top of the stairs (she's always upstairs), looks down the dark hall (there are never enough lights) and inquires in a little-girl, quavering voice - "Is someone there?" - Instantly letting Mysterious Intruder know that she's there, she's alone, and she's terrified.
                            Fixed that. And, oh, gods, yes. Why?! I've been in that situation, and I took options a and b, locked myself in an interior room with a weapon and waited out the panic attack. (Because that's what it actually was, there was no intruder, only my imagination running wild on a windy night.)
                            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Last year when I was on vacation I was at my aunt Loraine's house watching Burn Notice, it was the episode before the series finale and it was at the very end where you hear a gunshot and the screen goes black and goes to the credits. I thought Michael killed Fiona he didn't, he killed Sonia instead because she was going to kill Fiona. I just sat there with my mouth hanging open angry and shouted "Are you fucking kidding me?!" First time I ever dropped the F bomb in front of my aunt.
                              ......../\
                              ....../__\
                              ..../\...../\
                              ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                              X