X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I've never smoked a cigarette.
    I've never seen any of the Jurassic Park movies.
    I've never seen any of the Godfather movies.
    I've never been to a basketball game.
    I've never been in a major car accident. Minor ones, fender benders, sure. But none with any injuries or major vehicular damage.
    I've never seen Breaking Bad.
    I've never seen The Walking Dead.
    I've never seen The Sopranos.
    I've never seen or read any of the Twilight crap. (Unless, of course, you count the brilliant parody thereof, "Vampires Suck," which I highly recommend.)
    Quoth Seshat View Post
    * I've never surfed.
    * I've never been to Uluru (Ayer's Rock).
    * I've never been bitten, stung, or otherwise injured by any of our animals more dangerous than a wasp or bee.
    * I've never seen an aussie rules football game. (This was cut down as rugby is almost nonexistent in my state)
    * I've never had a Peach Melba.
    * I've never seen Crocodile Dundee.
    * Similarly, I've not seen any of the Mad Max movies, nor any of Steve Irwin's work.
    * I've never been to the Sydney Opera House (the 'mating turtles')
    I had to look up a couple of things

To add to that list:

-I've never had a pie floater. (Think meat pie floating upside down in pea soup)
    -I've never SCUBA dived.
    -I've never driven anything beyond little hatchbacks.
    -I've never drunken anything stronger than a beer or cider.
    -I've never wielded a sword in combat (there's context to this)
    -I've never ridden my bike anywhere beyond one of my schools.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I never played the "I Never" game...

OH CRAP!!!

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Sheldon, technically speaking you still haven't played the "I Never" game. Because this ain't it.

In the actual "I Never" game, one person will say something, such as "I've never been naked in a public place," and everyone playing the game, including the person saying the phrase must drink if they ever have, in fact, done the thing in question.

For example, if I were playing, and the person whose turn it was said "I've never had children," I wouldn't reach for my drink.
        If the next person said "I've never been involved with a redhead," well, I wouldn't be thirsty.

And yes, since it's a drinking game, often the "I never" statements can be somewhat, um, adult in nature.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I guess I better take a drink since I have been naked in public, then. lol!!
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

* I have never been drunk, smoked a cigarette or tried any form of illegal substance.

* I have never seen Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead, nor do I want to.

* I have never gone anywhere for a traditional 'Spring Break' in HS or college.

* I have never broken any bones.

* I have never seen a ghost or a UFO.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              -I've never wielded a sword in combat (there's context to this)
              Crap. Blew that one.

Forgot one:
              Despite living in New York for about half my life, I've never been to NYC.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I've never shoplifted anything, ever. According to my husband, this is odd.
                I've never had sex with anyone other than my husband.
                I've never smoked.
                I've never skied or snowboarded, which for where I live is odd.
                I've never been to an Indian restaurant. We have two in town; never been to either of them.
                I've never been outside the US or Canada.
                I've never curled my hair (it is naturally curly enough).
                I've never paid for a professional haircut. Mom took me to a cheap salon maybe twice when I was a kid, but for the most part she cut my hair, and now I cut it myself.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I never won the lottery jackpot, though I have won some monetary prizes, though.

I never smoked nor eaten marijuana, but I have touched and felt it.

I never received my driver's licence. I don't consider my learner's permit to be a licence, but the Service Ontario clerk did when I applied for my photo ID and was asked to surrender it. I couldn't because it disappeared several years ago.

I never had three physical credit cards in my possession at the same time.

I never planked, owled, nor horsemanned.

I never changed a baby's diaper, and I don't intend to do so in the future.

I never went to Paris (sigh!)

I never went to Nunavut, so I never knew that a bag of potato chips could cost $13 until some time ago when I read about it on the Internet.
                  Last edited by cindybubbles; 04-10-2014, 10:54 PM.
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

This one will make sense to the Aussies:

I never did the schoolies thing and I didn't want to.

(For non-Aussies, schoolies week is where year 12 students will go to a location for a couple of days and basically party. Sort of like spring break in the us, but for year 12 students only. For most students, it's their first trip solo without adult supervision.)
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

More:

Never been to Las Vegas or Florida (which would seem weird to people in this area)
                      Never been naked in public (for which the gods be thanked)
                      Never eaten chicken wings with bleu cheese (I love wings but I hate bleu cheese)
                      Never been on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls
                      Never attended a prom
                      Never had a jello shot
                      Never done karaoke (I can't sing and I know it)
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've never been completely naked in public, though I have been topless.
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          I guess I better take a drink since I have been naked in public, then. lol!!
                          If I took a drink for every time that's happened to me, I'd always be drinking.

Wait, there may be something to that.....

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          * I have never seen a ghost or a UFO.
                          I have never seen a ghost, though I may well have talked to one.

As for UFOs, well, I'm not generally a believer in the supernatural, nor a conspiracy theorist, but I think it's daft and a bit arrogant to believe that in this whole universe we are the only intelligent life. That being said, I think most UFO sightings are easily explainable.

Most. Not all.

Google "Phoenix lights." I saw them. I'll never forget them. And no one has yet been able to fully explain them.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                          I've never shoplifted anything, ever. According to my husband, this is odd.
                          Most Americans have, at some point. Myself, I made a living of it in junior high school. And I'm not speaking metaphorically, as in I did it a lot. I DID do it a lot, but I made money doing it....I was actually quite an entrepreneur, selling many of my stolen items to schoolmates, and even going so far as to take orders for certain items they wanted. Which I then, of course, stole.

And yes, I was a very, very good thief. Emphasis on "was."

I've never been to an Indian restaurant. We have two in town; never been to either of them.
                          You should give them a try. I can't speak for your local restaurants, but Indian food in general is delicious. But no matter how much you may like spice, don't go for the highest spice level in items giving you an option. Start low, and work your way up. You'll thank me for this later!

I've never curled my hair (it is naturally curly enough).
                          People with curly hair rarely curly their hair, just as people with straight hair rarely straighten theirs. Grass is greener sorta thing.

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                          I never had three physical credit cards in my possession at the same time.
                          I have. Hell, I've had upwards of eight. Part of the fun of being a bartender when people want multiple checks.

As for my own personal credit cards, I just recently (within the week) achieved the very thing you speak of.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

I've never:
                            • been outside of North America
                            • learned how to drive a stick shift
                            • played a roleplaying game or LARP, though I would love to try it sometime
                            • learned more than a few words of Spanish, despite having lived in Phoenix AZ most of my life
                            • skiied, surfed, skateboarded or any similar sports
                            • been able to sing or whistle
                            • entered a marathon (it would probably kill me!)
                            • been to me (sorry, I couldn't resist the pun!)
                            Last edited by XCashier; 04-11-2014, 01:05 PM.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

errr i cant think of a lot but heres a few

ive never been on a date (not counting a bunch of people milling around together in highschool then winding up back someone else place)
                              ive never smoked
                              ive never done any drugs but have hung out with people who not only have but where doing them in my presence
                              ive never played a game of magic the gathering where we where actually playing and my sister wasn't trying to explain to me how it works
                              despite my collection of books and memorabilia i have never played dungeons and dragons
                              i have never felt comfortable dancing. my body was not ment for dancing.
                              i have never drank wine. cook, yes. drank, no
                              i never learned how to read knitting patterns but still knit about everyday.
                              um... thats all can think of....
                              oh wait!!
                              i have never seen a man naked.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                                (For non-Aussies, schoolies week is where year 12 students will go to a location for a couple of days and basically party. Sort of like spring break in the us, but for year 12 students only. For most students, it's their first trip solo without adult supervision.)

but how else will tomorrow when the war began happen!!! i like that movie!!!
                                sad fact i just realized my entire association with Australia is mi2, tomorrow when the war began and the book Tongues of Serpents. it just does not appear of my radar... but New Zealand does!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X