X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me Fun-Killer. (Language)

My roommates just had the MOST INTELLIGENT idea. /sarcasm goes here

Lets light up tiny fireworks in an enclosed space with flammables at the condo we are soon to end our lease at.

Now, I grew up with my mother as an apartment manager. A lot of laws in the town don't allow this kind of thing, with rentals especially, whether privately own or corporate.

So of course I'm pretty firm and...er...shirty with them.

They get mad and tell me to calm down. One tries to calm me down and say "oh, they know what they are doing."

Yes, the other two college-age guys drinking and jumping over a firework are exactly who I would trust to know what they are doing.

All it takes is ONE STUPID BLOODY MISTAKE and poof, fire.

One of these guys is someone I am very close to, but some days I feel he lacks judgement. The other guy, despite being my friend, is a bit (read; very) cocky and thinks he is untouchable with bad luck. The one trying to calm me down is the girlfriend of the latter.

I can act stupid and silly at times. I'm 23.

But this is fucking idiocy, in my personal opinion. (The enclosed space? less than 10x10 feet and had a bunch of trash, recycling, and some small flammables with a loose tarp.)

I need to gtfo fast

Quoth Fudgethatkay View Post
    ... but some days I feel he lacks judgement.
    Yeah, it would seem that you are correct. The day they lit up a firework inside an apartment would be a prime example of one of those days.
    I need to gtfo fast
    Probably, yes. Here's hoping you get out in one piece before they try this crap *without* you around, which it seems they inevitably will.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Here's hoping you get out in one piece before they try this crap *without* you around, which it seems they inevitably will.
      Actually the first one, bless his soul, admitted they did this before when I was asleep.
      I was livid. This is just an accident waiting to happen

Comment

Ouch.

Can you afford to stay there if the idiots get evicted? It seems to be dropping a dime to the landlord would put a quick stop to it.

Of course, they would quickly become your ex-friends. But honestly, I don't think they're very good friends if they would put you and everything you own at risk with their stupid stunt.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          Ouch.

Can you afford to stay there if the idiots get evicted? It seems to be dropping a dime to the landlord would put a quick stop to it.

Of course, they would quickly become your ex-friends. But honestly, I don't think they're very good friends if they would put you and everything you own at risk with their stupid stunt.
          I'm already leaving so it doesn't matter, with the first roommate.
          But yeah, its the female and her boyfriend that are the bigger problem

Comment

admitted they did this before when I was asleep
            "Monumentally stupid" doesn't begin to cover it.

I'm one of those people who believes you don't f*ck around with anything flammable. I know people who think it's "no big deal." Needless to say, we do NOT agree on things like "Wouldn't it be cool to have sparklers instead of candles on a birthday cake?"
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Needless to say, we do NOT agree on things like "Wouldn't it be cool to have sparklers instead of candles on a birthday cake?"
              When I was a kid, my parents did that with my birthday cake ONCE. What they didn't know is that there are special sparklers designed for that purpose, that don't throw off little bits of crud like ordinary "outdoor" sparklers do. That cake had to be tossed.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Needless to say, we do NOT agree on things like "Wouldn't it be cool to have sparklers instead of candles on a birthday cake?"
                At an outdoor venue, on a low fire hazard day (ie, not in the middle of a drought), with proper supervision and equipment, heck yeah birthday candle sparklers would be awesome! Inside with regular sparklers and a ceiling fan? Yeah, not so much. Then again, I am a very transparently closeted pyro from time to time. When the urge to play with fire strikes, I make sure I can do it safely or it doesn't happen.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Steel wool on the end of a string, a concrete tunnel (ie nothing flammable) and a long exposure camera looks awesome

Comment

Morons what's wrong with just doing diet coke and mentos?
                    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I grew up on the sets of professional fireworks displays. Explosives aren't something that scare me, but, like with anything that can be dangerous, you have to respect them for what they can do, and act accordingly.

These people are fucking morons.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My ex-husband did something like this once, before we were married. Once. He decided it would be cool and funny to light off a bottle rocket inside our home. Which, at the time (being young and broke), was a single wide mobile home. I read him the riot act, and as far as I know he never did anything like that again. Luckily, his blistered hide (figuratively speaking) was the only damage from the stunt, but it could have been so, so very bad.
                        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Even outside you've got to be careful where they're aimed. One summer I was working at a fishing resort, and someone brought out a bunch of fireworks (including bottle - and larger - rockets for the 4th of July (most of the customers were from the U.S.). Someone wasn't watching where they aimed one of the rockets (IIRC, the "tube" was around an inch in diameter and 6 inches long - at the peak of flight, it would discharge a bunch of "stars"). It bounced off one of the boats at the dock - and if it had hit 6 inches to the left, it would have gone into an open door to the boat's cabin.

Fireworks can be VERY embarrassing - if handled carelessly, they can cause a loss of face.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X