This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been converted...kinda

So there's a chain of tea stores across Australia called T2. Now, I'm not normally much of a tea drinker and often prefer a coffee over anything else.

That changed when my sister gave me one of their fruit tisanes for Christmas. I then threw in a blend of their general fruity one with it and have been gradually working my way through it. It's SOOO GOOD.

Now I want to try some "actual" tea. Just gotta toss up between black and green. I cannot stand chai tea (my partner loves it) Any suggestions?!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

If you drink coffee black, or just sweetened then you'll probably like black tea. It's an earthy, tannin-rich flavor that (to me anyhow) shares a lot of taste notes with coffee. That's what I use to make hot and iced tea when I get the urge for it. I also brew my tea super strong, it's actually as much decoction as infusion.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      If you drink coffee black, or just sweetened then you'll probably like black tea. It's an earthy, tannin-rich flavor that (to me anyhow) shares a lot of taste notes with coffee. That's what I use to make hot and iced tea when I get the urge for it. I also brew my tea super strong, it's actually as much decoction as infusion.
      I tend to go cappuccino. Does thathelp?

Comment

I am beginning to think nobody offers just plain white tea any more. If you can find some I would suggest it. Sadly all the kinds here are mixed with other things, and I have yet to try one that I like.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          I am beginning to think nobody offers just plain white tea any more. If you can find some I would suggest it. Sadly all the kinds here are mixed with other things, and I have yet to try one that I like.
          Does this help?

http://www.t2tea.com/shop/tea-2/white-tea/

Comment

Earl grey's my drink of choice, black tea with bergamot, but lady grey's pretty much the same only with lemon and orange and a lighter tea taste.
            For white tea, Assam's really nice and quite malty or try just standard english breakfast tea if you want a simple brew.
            Main thing when brewing tea up is to leave it steeping for about 3 minutes, not more than 10 even in a pot or it may end up stewed. The greys are quite good for this though, weakish flavour so they benefit from being left for a longer time (up to an hour is still fine).

Comment

here are some of my faves
              earl grey
              lady grey
              Irish breakfast

brand wise i prefer Twinings.

Semi fermented I prefer jasmine

Comment

Tip: Don't let the water boil. It should be hot to just below boiling. Otherwise it destroys the flavor. At least that's my experience.

Another good tea is oolong.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I drink dirty chai. Wish there was a way to buy espresso shots so I could make it at home.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    I drink dirty chai. Wish there was a way to buy espresso shots so I could make it at home.
                    what the hell is dirty chai?

Comment

Chai tea with an espresso shot.

Order it with soy milk and it becomes a dirty hippie.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                      X