This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Butcher "Skin Game" **SPOILER FREE**

No, I've not finished reading it, I have a paper to finish writing for my summer class, then I'll allow myself to indulge.

Anyone else ready to join team dresden....with Nikky and the Nickelheads into the depths of hell?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Got it this morning..finished through about 4 hours ago. Didn't actually sleep during the day the way I'm supposed to, but got a 3 hour nap So tired now...good book though. Although there were some parts that I predicted before I got to them, so I was a little sad about figuring out the mystery too early
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I need to check my email to see when my copy gets in. Hopefully soon though!
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm reading it now, after listening to my boyfriend laughing, talking to the characters and to the author and various other exclamatory noises. So far, it's interesting. Harry is... being Harry.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I'm a fairly new Dresden fan, powered my way through the audiobooks over the space of a few months this past winter. My husband picked up the book for me yesterday after his doctor's appointment and I started reading at work.

Only a few chapters in, but my favorite line so far: "Because [he] is a murderous murdering murderer."

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
            I'm a fairly new Dresden fan, powered my way through the audiobooks over the space of a few months this past winter. My husband picked up the book for me yesterday after his doctor's appointment and I started reading at work.

Only a few chapters in, but my favorite line so far: "Because [he] is a murderous murdering murderer."
            The first (and second, and third) word of spoken dialogue from Harry made me burst out laughing, mainly because I yell it over voicechat when I'm trolling friends during a game of any shooter I play on PC
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Gah! I'm so sidetracked by Watch_Dogs that I forgot to buy/download a copy of this to my Nook.

Gotta get on that!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The biggest problem is the incerdibly obvious RetCon

Otherwise was a great book
                Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Evil donuts that can only be purified by the digestive track of a wizard.
                  Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
                    The biggest problem is the incerdibly obvious RetCon

Otherwise was a great book
                    *is now avoiding this thread because that's all she's going to look for now when she gets to read it*
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm on page 209, my manager thinks I'm a loon since i keep bursting out in laughter....

Where did I miss the ret con? (pm me since this is a spoiler free thread)
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Sent. I could be wrong.

Comment

been so long since I read that book I don't know any more...

Comment

Ditto. I may have to dig it out after I finish the Honor Harrington tome I am working through since I finished Skin Game

Comment

no retcon....

he who claims it....did actually do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X