This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm at a loss

I need to give some background for this to make sense.

BG: I'm part of a large guild that has chapters in pretty much every MMO out there. I've been a member for almost 10 years. In my time I've made some good friends that I would play with in various games, and when we didn't play a game together we'd talk in mumble and keep up with each others' lives. My computer has been down since March, I just got it up again this week.

On the guild message board someone started asking after one of those who is a good friend. He hadn't been seen in about a month and he hadn't said anything about taking a leave of absence. So I dropped a line to each of the chapters we'd played together asking if anyone had contact info email or otherwise and could they try to get ahold of him? People are worried.

Today the admins found his obituary and let it be known he passed away.

I've been crying off and on since I found out.

*HUGS* I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I know how hard that can hit a person, as I went through something almost identical 5 years ago, and I still find myself thinking about him and the hours we'd spend in IRC chat rooms talking together.

Take some time for yourself and let yourself mourn - despite the fact he was only a online/guild friend, it doesn't make the friendship and the feeling of loss anything less. My condolences.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss. To be honest it is your loss, sometimes we find the only way to express ourselves or find friend is through our online experiences. And to know that a voice, opinion and life which so often commented, argued, and comforted your own is no longer with us is hard to come to grips with.

You will find another voice among the millions which brings you solace and comfort be sure. And in those times you feel lost without your friend, remember that if only in the experiences you shared that soul has made an impact and is still with you.
      Happy times, insults and jests, we brush them off because they are friends, confidants , and they ones who make us laugh even after their voices have gone.
      Pray not for them, they have had their say, pray for us, because we have yet to make sense of it all.
      End note; remember the joys they brought you, and you brought them. Even the silent can see the joy in that.

Comment

Working...
      X