Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My insurance is ok, they said to double payment this coming month.

I talked to bank, then police, then bank today.

1) Bank to ask if they were pressing charges of if I needed to. I need to.
    2) Police to see what I need to do to press charges. I got a list of everything I need from the bank. Copy front and back of check, bank the check was deposited/cashed at, and I have to take that info down to the local police station
    3) Called bank back to try and get the info of where it was deposited/cashed. That is not in the notes, the info is going to be requested, check back Monday. I can go into my local branch and they'll print me off copies of the check after I show them I am indeed myself.

I have... stressful plans Monday, I will call back Tues.

Comment

Once you get a copy of the check , make a copy and BLOCK off the routing and account number on your check. And FAX a copy direct to the insurance fraud department. If its someone in their staff they are gonna wanna know about it and they can fire the person asap.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was not someone at my insurance company.

Comment

Then it's probably someone who got into the outgoing mail. Where did you mail it from? A blue box? Hand it to someone?
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

There is no outgoing mail box at my apartment complex.
            People put their outgoing mail on the ledge above the incoming mail.

I'm just going to have to find the nearest blue box.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
              I'm just going to have to find the nearest blue box.
              Even those are not safe--one where I was sending payments in the '80's was vandalized. Look for a full blown PO.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I know where the closest PO is. The problem is that by the time I walk there and back to the bus stop I'm in pain.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                  I know where the closest PO is. The problem is that by the time I walk there and back to the bus stop I'm in pain.
                  Is a bicycle or tricycle an option for short trips for you? If so, it might be something to consider.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Can you put personal outbound in with the outbound mail where you work? A lot of workplaces are OK with that, and it might well be safer than what you're doing now.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Depending on where you live some grocery stores have a mail drop. I would drop it there

Comment

OK. I went by a branch of my bank that has a notary today to get the affidavit notarized and faxed into the fraud office.

The notary took a look at the altered check and was like "That's a VERY obvious alteration, but it's not the worst I've seen." Then he showed me a check alteration where the check was initially made out for $125. They changed the 1 to a 4 and put an f in front of the One in One hundred making it "fOne Hundred."

Tomorrow I finally get around to calling the bank back and getting where the check was deposited so I can go into the police department... and if they tell me the branch location I'm taking a copy of the check into the branch and talking to a manager. Who ever took that check has no business being a teller.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                          if they tell me the branch location I'm taking a copy of the check into the branch and talking to a manager. Who ever took that check has no business being a teller.
                          Good for you. I agree that the teller should not have that job to take a check like that. Somehow it would not surprise me if the teller knew the offender.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Well... I found out the bank, but not the branch.

That's pretty much all the info I still needed before I could go to the police.

So, I'm getting ready to go to the police station and talk to a detective.

Comment

I went into the local police station.
                              They wrote up a report, and told me the case would be going downtown. Once the detectives that deal with fraud get their hands on it a case # will be generated. I was given the number of the division that deals with this stuff, and told to call tomorrow.

Meanwhile I had to explain to Titan that pressing charges is not going to cost us money. If I were to find out who did it and sue them THAT would cost us money.

Comment

If the criminal has the funds to justify a lawsuit, I say DO IT!!!

And if they don't, and if you can afford to, sue them anyway. Really grind into that waste of space's brain that they made a baaaaaaaaad decision.
                                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X