This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully, I'm just paranoid.

So, I've been having some very minor, but painful, issues lately and finally went to a doctor for a checkup. Was told that it could be a sign of a major problem, but was likely minor. Got some bloodwork and other labs done and was told they'd call me with the results.

Just spoke to the doctor and it's not the major issue they thought it was, that organ is fine. But. The blood tests show the indicators of an issue elsewhere. It's probably minor (I have a cold, I ate something the test didn't like, etc.), but it *could* also be indicative of major issues, like cancer or hepatitis.

So it could be nothing, and I have to wait three weeks to go back for more tests. So I'm gonna be paranoid for a bit, k? Any good thoughts would be appreciated.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

I had a cancer scare myself recently. Originally presented like kidney stones but there were no stones on a CT scan and they'd definitely show. Went to a urologist and he checked for "abnormal cells" in my bladder. Freaked me the hell out.

Having cysts checked to make sure they were only cysts on my gents didn't help things either.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Thinking good thoughts for you.

Comment

Holy threadomancy, Batman!

Ok, so after multiple more instances and three rounds of bloodwork, we know it's not lupus.

(Might possibly be gallbladder, though.)

Comment

It's never lupus. :P
          My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

until it IS lupus
            "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
              Holy threadomancy, Batman!

Ok, so after multiple more instances and three rounds of bloodwork, we know it's not lupus.

(Might possibly be gallbladder, though.)
              Gallbladder is fixable, usually. Hope it's that or something else easily repairable!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Moar threadomancy!!!!! Bwahahaha!!!!

I am currently posting this from the hospital. Apparently, my gallbladder is the culprit, and is about to be evicted.

I'm going to have my gallbladder removed later this morning. As I was recently hit with morphine, I'm ok with this.

Comment

Hope you make a quick recovery.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Good luck to you! You should be fine. Be sure to talk to the doctors about what foods you should avoid after surgery.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm headed out for surgery soon, I'll talk when I can.

Comment

I'm back. And ok after taking a post surgery nap.

Comment

Good! Hope you feel better and better by the day *gives very gentle hug*
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That was a pretty quick turn around. Things must have gone well.

Hope you get good staff and good drugs!
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Good to know it was just gallbladder. You can do just fine without one. You might need to avoid greasy, fatty and/or spicy foods for a while. Sometimes for a long while - everyone is different. Get the doc's advice on that.

If you have pets at home, keep a pillow handy to prop over your abdomen while sleeping so they don't jump on top of you.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X