Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 40. I started greying in my late teens. My natural hair color is dark brown. The way the greys are distributed makes me look like I got my hair frosted.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

In many cultures, grey hair and balding is a great sign of wisdom and maturity.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I was born with white hair, I'm told. Not grey, not platinum blonde, white.

Then it went white-blonde, and v-e-r-y gradually darkened. Dark blonde at 20-ish, mouse-brown at 30-ish. I'm finally a colour that can actually be called definitely brunette. Never any red tones, just every shade of non-red blonde from white to the fuzzy border of blonde and brown, and now gradually every shade of brown.

Alas, it seems I shall go grey before I get to discover what I look like with naturally black hair.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I started noticing white hairs at my temples in my early 30s. Now (at 38), I'm not finding any more white hairs against my dark brown hair, just the dozen or so that I've noticed before. I'm sure there will be more eventually. The annoying ones are in between my eyebrows that I want to pluck, but I can't see them unless the light hits them just so.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

My mom started going grey at the age of 29. I started going grey at the age of 30. I'm roughly 10% silver at the moment, under this red hair dye...
            Besides, grey and silver hair is SO in this season (apparently)
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I've had some white hairs since I was at least in my 20s. They're not very noticeable, since my mom plucks them out the moment she sees them.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                Besides, grey and silver hair is SO in this season (apparently)
                Well, they flatter some people. I'm not one of them. If I don't color my hair, I look (and I've been told so) ten years older than I am. If I do color my hair, I apparently look ten years younger than I am.

I color my hair.

My dad had a white streak in his hair at 25. Rest of his hair was glossy black. Very striking.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                  The annoying ones are in between my eyebrows that I want to pluck, but I can't see them unless the light hits them just so.
                  If you can't see them unless you're specifically searching for them, other people can't see them.

But if you want, you can use eyebrow dye. (Technically 'eyebrow and eyelash' dye, but the only time we tried to dye my lashes, my eyes stung. We washed it off, and just use it for the brows.)
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

First gray hair was at 17. I was very not happy about that.

But my hair is strawberry blonde and naturally streaky, so the few odd grays just blend in with the rest of it. Only annoying thing is that the grays seem to be concentrating in my fringe.

My dad started to gray around the same age, but mum only started to get a 'worry spot' at her temple at about 45.
                    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

My mom's hair turned a beautiful shade of silvery white when she got older. I loved it, but she didn't. Insisted on dying it dark brown (her natural shade when she was younger). My dad's was silver-grey, and he still had a full head of hair when he passed at age 73.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Technically I started going grey as a teenager. NOT on the top of my head but half of my mustache grew out white on one side. My primary hair color on the rest of me is dark brown.

I did start to grey in my mid 30's. little by little. NOW (mid 50's) most of the hair on top of my head is grey/white and about half of my body hair is grey/white.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My dad's grey hair has always fascinated me since he's just about always has had a full beard. His beard started getting salt streaks in it by his mid 40's and slowly started creeping upwards into his mustache and then eyebrows. In his mid 60's now his facial hair is mostly salt with a smattering of pepper in it and aside from a few strands behind one ear, his hair is still all dark brown.

Comment

I've had grey hair for several years. Mine's dyed red and that doesn't help much when I need it redone, I like it though. I'm currently debating if I can stretch it out another 3 weeks, but I doubt it - now to traipse across the city to my hairdresser's new salon.
                            "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              My dad's was silver-grey, and he still had a full head of hair when he passed at age 73.
                              My dad also died with a full head of hair, though admittedly he was much younger, as he died at the age of 48. I'm sitting here at the age of 44 with a full head of hair myself, unlike my stepbrother, whose hairline was going north as early as high school. So, yeah, I plan on going the same way as my father as far as the hair thing goes, though not as young nor as sober.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                My dad also died with a full head of hair, though admittedly he was much younger, as he died at the age of 48. I'm sitting here at the age of 44 with a full head of hair myself, unlike my stepbrother, whose hairline was going north as early as high school. So, yeah, I plan on going the same way as my father as far as the hair thing goes, though not as young nor as sober.
                                My dad was rarely sober either, frankly. Well, I'm exaggerating, but not by much. We wanted to play "In Heaven There is No Beer" at his funeral but couldn't find a recording of it at the time
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X