Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Sleep, <Spoilers> will destroy Thedas!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Sleep, <Spoilers> will destroy Thedas!

... yes, Dragon Age Inquisition is out, and I have it, and the (spoilers here) are overrunning Thedas and I have to stop them!

Side note: why don't we have a 'chugging lots of caffiene' smiley?
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

We definitely need a few more smileys. Golf clap, for one...and I would be quite impressed if someone can some up with a good one for "Dis gun' be good" (would almost certainly have to be animated) that is the same size as what we use now, but is still legible

I can see a caff one now: A smileyperson chugs a huge can/bottle of Coke/mug of coffee, and then they begin to vibrate ever faster until they phase out of existence. Twitchy, the squirrel from "Hoodwinked" would also work, but that's really hard to do properly at smiley-size...
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-19-2014, 09:43 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I am still playing through DA:O (and still need to get the DLCs for the game) and then I'm going to go onto DAII and it's DLCs before going onto DA:I. The world is pretty damn amazing and I'm enjoying it a great deal, even though I can see and hear where they got a fair bit of of their inspiration for the world and languages.

Yes, I know I'm a bit behind but until I got DA:O free through Origin I wouldn't have thought it would have been the sort of game I'd enjoy. Now that I have it I have been playing it almost daily, and it is one of the few games that has not pissed me off enough to drop it after a couple of weeks.

Comment

Some of the minor characters in Origins become fuller characters in Awakenings (an Origins DLC), and/or II. Some of the characters in II - including some of the ones from Origins/Awakenings - become fuller characters in Inquisition.

The world is a continuing one; the actions - including yours - from earlier games affecting later games.

In other words, even if you decide to delete most of your old saves, keep the last few saves from any and every run-through. Those keep the state of Thedas (the world) and the later games can load them for you.

Basically, if you have a female Dalish Elf in the first game, the person who was the hero in Origins is referred to in later games as a female Dalish Elf.
        Also, if you make <decision1> in the Brecilian forest, it has consequences in DAII. So does <decision2> - just different consequences. Ditto for each of the other major (and some minor) decisions.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

My plan is to try to play through as much of Origins as I can this weekend in a couple of all-night marathons. I've got Awakenings now (bought it last night on Origin) and will get the DLCs as well. And next weekend I hope to be at a point where I can get Inquisition. It's such an enjoyable game, and I love that your decisions can affect so much. I am primarily a PC gamer but usually don't do as well with real-time fighting as I am doing so far with DA. Maybe it's because I am enjoying the world so much that the fighting is only an incidental.

Comment

Working...
          X