Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! I can't get these songs out of my head!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! I can't get these songs out of my head!

Long story as to how they got there...I just don't want them there anymore!

They are:

"All About That Bass"

and

"Baby Got Back"

Don't ask...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

"Can't get you outta my head...boy, your lovin' is all I think about..."

Comment

Sounds like you got some treble there. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Just shake it off. Shake it off.
        Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 12-08-2014, 09:15 PM.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Sounds like you got some treble there. :-)
          That was very ignoble... literally bass.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            "All About That Bass"
            I turn my radio off the second I hear that..... noise start (I refuse to call it a song). And then I hang my head wondering how this can be classed as skill and music, and played so damn often.
            Quoth mjr View Post
            "Baby Got Back"
            DONT WANT NONE UNLESS YOU GOT BUNS HUN!

Sorry, couldn't resist. That atleast has a nice beat, and doesn't repeat the same phrase over and over.
            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
              I turn my radio off the second I hear that..... noise start (I refuse to call it a song). And then I hang my head wondering how this can be classed as skill and music, and played so damn often.
              I can appreciate the message behind the song (be comfortable with your body) but that song got old the first time I heard it.

And the follow-up "Dear Future Husband" is even worse. I won't link it here. Consider that my Christmas gift to you.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The kids at school have been learning a variant of "So Long Farewell" to sing to their school principal this week/next week (not sure which).

Because they practiced it when my boss and I were present, we now have the song stuck in our heads (They've been changing the lyrics to make it more contextual, so you're not going to have a 5-year-old asking for champagne )
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                  I turn my radio off the second I hear that.....
                  "Turn your radio on..."
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                    "Can't get you outta my head...boy, your lovin' is all I think about..."
                    I always think of this alternate version of this song...
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

So for about the last week I have this bizarre mashup of "Maria", "So Long Farewell" "The Lonely Goatherd" and "Do Re Mi" in my head. GET IT OUT!!!!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        So for about the last week I have this bizarre mashup of "Maria", "So Long Farewell" "The Lonely Goatherd" and "Do Re Mi" in my head. GET IT OUT!!!!
                        I've used those to chase out barflies at closing time...

The chills will arrive, to the sound of Muzak...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          I've used those to chase out barflies at closing time...

The chills will arrive, to the sound of Muzak...

I can't exactly do that at work because the parents need to pick the kidlets up.

Comment

Eh, a friend of mine had the habit of embedding Deutschland Uber Alles in my mind just before going on base. Unfortunately [?] I also know the lyrics in German and have a habit of humming and singing my earworms. Or in this case perhaps ohrwum is more apropriate =)
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                            X