This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Whew* False alarm...

Just as I was about to go to bed the other night, the fire department rolled up to the house next our apartment (which is part of a subdivided house). Not an EMS call either, but a fire call, from the apparatus that showed up.

I quickly prayed that it was a false alarm. Not only out of obvious concern for the neighbors, but because our house is only a couple feet from that one. If the fence wasn't there you could probably stand in between and touch both houses at once. So if they were on fire there'd be a real danger of it spreading right into our apartment. And to prevent that they'd have to evacuate us and might've had to soak the house with water, which would've turned it into an ice chest.....

Oh, and the windows are ooooooold.......and would leak like crazy.......

Luckily it was a false alarm, and the trucks left almost as quickly as they got there.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 02-16-2015, 04:47 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

That's scary. I live in condo; the building has 12 units (2 townhouses at either end and 8 condos in the middle). One night I heard some noise and looked out to see a fire truck, and they were in the unit directly across from me. I looked out my door and the one firefighter on the landing just kinda looked at me. No one said anything. Then they were leaving and one of the people in that unit came out and headed down the stairs. Not a word. So I asked what was going on and apparently they had smelled gas or something. Nice of them to tell the neighbors what the hell's going on when the fire department shows up.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X