This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The voices in my head are back

AKA my writers block has finally broken.

I have been suffering from writers block for just over 10 years. It has been very frustrating because writing is one of my few outlets.

I was never going to make a living from it and I mainly wrote for myself. Only a handful of people have read any of my big pile of writing, that includes everything from short stories to poems to songs.

But a couple of weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night with a scene playing perfectly in my head and an urge to get writing. I now have 40 pages written.

And I'm doing the happy dance as I keep writing.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Congratulations. 10 years is a long time, did you do (or eat) something differently? If you can isolate that factor, you might not get writers block for as long.

I love the voices that talk to me as well, I am never alone and we have the best conversations.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Got really really drunk on Pimm's and vodka while listening to AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Deep Purple and Jimi Hendrix and reading Sex, Thugs and Rock'n'Roll by Billy Thorpe (Aussie Rocker that was big in the sixties and seventies.)

If I had of known this is all it would take, I would have done it years ago.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Congrats. I had a 5-10 year dry spell too. Didn't write anything for a long time, then about 7 years ago, someone posted a setting that hit the right chords and things just flowed out. Dried out after a bit but then that person set up another setting that's kept me going for the past 3 years now.

Comment

A writer (I forget who) once said, "You never have to change anything that you got up in the middle of the night to write."

Anyway! Congrats! I had a very long spell of my own (close to 20 years) in which I only occasionally scribbled. I started again in 2007 and can't even describe how good it felt to write again.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X