This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet makes me sad.

Just need to moan for a minute. Have been on a diet for the last week and a half and it is making me sad. I want pasta

At least it is working - lost 4kg in my first week. I know I can't expect that loss from now on but it was nice to see.

Zucchini noodles

I make them all the time when I want pasta. Not the best swap, but it's really good with pesto or any other pasta sauce.

Great work! Keep it up!

Comment

I've also found spaghetti squash to be a decent replacement for noodles.

Comment

Great. Now I want pasta. ;-)

Comment

I second spaghetti squash. Especially once you dress them up, I find you can hardly tell the difference.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Spaghetti squash with bolognese sauce is amazing It's perfect for when you want pasta, but either don't have any or don't want to/can't make any. Especially the way my mom makes her sauce (huge chunks of mushrooms so the sauce is pretty much equal parts meat, tomatoes, and mushrooms)
            Last edited by firecat88; 02-27-2015, 02:13 PM.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth purple View Post
              Just need to moan for a minute. Have been on a diet for the last week and a half and it is making me sad. I want pasta
              I'll also throw in spaghetti squash, with a recipe
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I have to watch carbs now myself. I will still eat pasta but in much smaller amounts. Also if you normally put butter on it, don't.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Try this. http://www.nooodle.com/

Comment

I have found that the quickest way for me to fail at losing weight is to forbid food. Instead, I allow myself everything, but in small amounts and not every day. So instead of denying yourself pasta, allow yourself a side item sized serving once a week. That small amount won't sabotage your diet, but will help keep you on track knowing you'll get a treat in just a few short day. The same goes for any other "bad" food. A two bite serving of brownie with a couple table spoons of ice cream, or two mini-sized chocolate bars, or other small amount of something two or three times a week is generally enough to keep that sweet tooth at bay.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                      Have been meaning to get to the supermarket to find something similar over here.

I really fail at moderation so the first 6 weeks or so I really need to stay on track. Once my bmi is under 30 I can start eating normally but sensibly again.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                        I have found that the quickest way for me to fail at losing weight is to forbid food.
                        This is so true! Even with diabetes, I have found that I can eat small amounts of my favorite things, like pasta or sweets, without sabotaging my glucose levels. But the key is SMALL amounts. We made mini cupcakes....I have ONE, no frosting. It's the cake I really want. And not every day. It works. I've gone down two pants sizes. Still need to lose more, but it no longer seems impossible.

Comment

To quote my ex-girlfriend,

"You know what 'diet' is? It's die with a t!"
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            To quote my ex-girlfriend,

"You know what 'diet' is? It's die with a t!"
                            Well, she's kinda right. Diets are temporary. A lifestyle change is something else. Also not easy, but I'm finding it very rewarding.

Comment

Quoth purple View Post
                              Have been meaning to get to the supermarket to find something similar over here.

I really fail at moderation so the first 6 weeks or so I really need to stay on track. Once my bmi is under 30 I can start eating normally but sensibly again.
                              I would avoid using the BMI as a "guideline" since honestly, it only measures overall weight. I was shown quite a few pictures by my partner of muscle-bound guys, who would be considered to be otherwise "healthy" because they're not fat, lazy slobs. Nope. Their BMIs were in the "overweight-obese" range. (Think of some of the Gladiators (as in the TV show) for the type I'm referring to)
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X