This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title to picture #3: "I am not a popsicle!"
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Thanks! As tired and generally cruddy as I've felt since roughly Thursday, I needed some cute.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Awwwwww! Such pretty mama cat, and she's made some very pretty babies. Here in about another week or two things are going to get FUN for you. The babies will be mobile, and inquisitive and have a knack for getting into stuff. Stuff you'll be prepared to swear they can't possibly reach/work their way into.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          Awwwwww! Such pretty mama cat, and she's made some very pretty babies. Here in about another week or two things are going to get FUN for you. The babies will be mobile, and inquisitive and have a knack for getting into stuff. Stuff you'll be prepared to swear they can't possibly reach/work their way into.
          That's what Mom was reminding me about earlier this afternoon . . . .

But it's okay though . . . I'll just leave her bedroom door cracked open and I'm sure one or two of them can "slip in" and go bug her.

Poodles hasn't seen them yet, as he's been staying outside a lot lately. Can't wait to see his reaction to all these little ones when they get big enough to explore the entire house!
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Any updates? New pictures?
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              Any updates? New pictures?
              Babies turned a month old on Friday. Since then, they have been either tormenting Mom in her bedroom, as Tinkerbelle moved them almost 2 weeks ago into Mom's room behind her big chair in the corner.

Last Monday, we tried to move them back into the closet so Mom could at least not be bugged to death by Tinker while she was trying to eat, so this was done while she was outside on Mommy Break.

In the meanwhile, the runt of the group, who we have named Pasquinel for his apparently fearless nature, decided to come venturing out and not only explore through my room, but waddled his way out into the office and was watching me fold some towels that had just come out of the dryer.

Mommy cat came back in, saw him out there and next thing I knew, she had that baby by the neck and dragged him out of my room, through the laundry room, kitchen and dining room. By the time I could get to her, she was camped in front of Mom's bedroom door, with Pasquinel, waiting for someone to open the door.

The standoff lasted an hour, and you can very well guess the result.

But since then, they have been venturing out from behind the chair and now like to sleep underneath the double dresser and are now starting to come out into the dining room and kitchen areas.

The four have all been named now. And the decision now is they will be staying and none given away.

Gidget - the gray w/yellow (she appears to be the only girl in the litter)

Pasquinel - the small gray one (the runt of the litter)

Gary - the larger gray one who looks almost like Pasquinel

Bubbles - the tiger striped kitty w/white feet and paws

And my BFF sent a text Sunday night after I'd posted a couple of pics of Pasquinel and Gidget on FB asking how many males I had and that her FIL is wanting a male kitty for the grandbaby.

As much as I love my BFF, I know how she is w/animals. I wouldn't give her one I didn't like, let alone one I cared about (she and her hubby have a dog but all she does is yell and cuss at the poor thing b/c the dog is either barking or not barking or whatever - IOW, she's jealous of the dog b/c it's hubby's and he won't part with her.)

Anyway, Mom and I's depth of dsicussion on that this morning was a resounding "NO." So I guess I'll send a text back and let her know that Mom and my brother won't part w/them (rather than tell her the sorry truth that I don't know her FIL well enough to know how he is w/animals and I don't care for her manner w/animals.)

But here are some pics taken earlier this afternoon. I'll share some more tomorrow.
              Attached Files
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!

Comment

And a few more pics . . . .

Won't be long before they start climbing up the side of the beds.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    Won't be long before they start climbing up the side of the beds.
                    And the curtains, and any upholstered surfaces, and legs, and the walls if they can manage it.

Also, squeeeee! They are adorable.
                    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

And it'll be sooner than you think. How they get so much energy into such tiny bodies is among the great mysteries of life.

Aaaawwww.

Comment

They do it by having exactly two neurons in their fuzzy little heads at this stage. That leaves lots of room for plenty of energy to keep those two neurons firing.

Comment

I can watch kittens zoom zoom all day, that never gets tiring or boring. No matter what age they are so adorable!
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Updates and pictures, please?

Comment

To update, the monsters will turn 8 weeks old on Friday . . . . and are into ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that doesn't do them first!

They are all over the house . . . they have tried to take over the sofa out here in the office over the weekend (luckily Abby was outside) and they are not as scared of her as they first were.

Of course, Tinkerbelle still won't have anything to do w/her.

They are starting to use the litter box more, but still have an occasional accident on the carpet (mainly in the living and dining rooms.) They not only are eating solid food (both wet and dry) but they are still nursing on occasion.

They have been in the bathroom (and we have one who will go behind the door to use the bathroom - still not sure which one,) the bedrooms and have conqured the kitchen and will play and romp in the laundry room some. Just this morning, I had a little furry one who managed to climb up onto my bed right as I was getting my purse so I could go to work.

NOTHING is safe in this house now. My brother has said they have been in the living room today (while I was gone working so I can pay for their food and litter) climbing the banana plant (which is almost to the ceiling.) I have a few spills to clean up on the carpet and major vacuuming to do (if I can get the energy -came home today and my back and hips were achy - hopefully I'll have some energy tomorrow.)

We're still waiting to hear back on eligibility for the mobile spay/neuter clinic for Tinkerbelle (sent application and required paperwork 2 weeks ago) and are in the process of trying to budget out getting the required shots (which she has to have before the surgery) hopefully later this month (or by the middle of next month at the latest.) She has to have the babies completely weaned first, and she is still nursing on occasion so I figure by the end of the month she should be more than ready to get this done. There is a wellness clinic not far from work that takes walk ins on certain days and hours (mostly afternoons) that also works w/folks on assistance (Mom gets Medicaid still so that should qualify her) for reduced pricing - not only does she need shots, but also tests run for feline leukemia and HIV and I would also be interested in getting her de wormed and also have a microchip for her (I can hold off on the microchip and do that after the surgery if I need to.) But after we get her taken care of, the babies get to go for shots/deworming/tests and etc.

I'm expecting four little unhappy campers that day.

But enjoy the latest pics, taken over the past weekend.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Not a cat person at all, but they are cute.
                                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X