This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitten Pants

As mentioned in my last post, I actually have a new kitten. We got him about a month ago from a rescue group.

Meet Spook. Mind the pics too, he always looks rumpled up when he wakes up from a nap. The bells are Lindt chocolate bunny bells. What can I say, he like dressing up for Easter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spookybell.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	2033614

Spook was a feral that the FOCAS (Friends of Companion Animals Society) found running around a truck yard. FOCAS runs a trap, neuter and return program for colonies of feral cats. If the cat's too feral to rehome, off go the nards, and kitty rejoins its feral brethren. In Spook's case, his mum was dumped. She's yet to be caught.

Name:	spookybell2.jpg
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	2033615

His favorite things are being carried like a baby when tired, sitting on your shoulders when you walk around, watching the world from the fly-screen door and biting your toes. Also face-butting me when I'm trying to sleep. He likes new people too, especially if they bring him food. At night, he curls up with Dobby to help keep warm.

Name:	spookysleeping.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2033616

Spook is unfortunately, nearly completely deaf. It's common with white cats, but not usual unless the kitty has blue eyes. Spook can hear really high pitched noises, but that's about it. We learned he was deaf when he climbed into Dane's speaker system during a car chase scene in a movie. He was completely unfazed, and a vet confirmed - he couldn't hear a damn thing.

Doesn't really affect him too much. He's easy to find around the house mostly - just follow the "mrrrp" and chattering noises he makes constantly as he wanders. Bit harder when he finds somewhere silly to sleep. I wander around for aaaaages trying to find him, only for him to wander out of the bath-tub 20 minutes later looking for food.

We love our Spooky kitty. Hope he adorables your day a bit too.
    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

He's adorable!

The deafness is an odd thing, since he's got yellow eyes. My late Flash was a white cat with blue eyes, yet she could hear. Go figure cat genetics.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Only a 10-20% chance of deafness if they've got any eye colour other than blue. If blue eyed, it's something like 70-80% chance of deafness in white kitties. Guess Flash and Spook just wanted to be exceptions to the rule. =]
      Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

He looks just like my Stella!

She's also deaf with green eyes. Go fig.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Squeeeeeeeee! Cutie kitty!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            He's adorable!

The deafness is an odd thing, since he's got yellow eyes. My late Flash was a white cat with blue eyes, yet she could hear. Go figure cat genetics.
            Beautiful kitty.

Rover was like that too . . . solid white w/blue eyes. And his hearing was fine . . . he just had his moments where he heard what he wanted.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Rover was like that too . . . solid white w/blue eyes. And his hearing was fine . . . he just had his moments where he heard what he wanted.
              AKA, normal cat.

I've had several blue-eyed white cats whose hearing was quite normal for cats.

Spook is a cutie. Glad he found his way to a good home instead of trying to live both feral and handicapped.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

He's too cute!!

Spook was the name of the black kitty who was the matriarch of our kitty clan. She and all her descendants are gone now (at least the ones that we were aware of). We tried to take her in and have her spayed when she was young but she was too wild. She always brought her babies to us, though, and we took in most of them. We called her Spook because she was easily scared, poor girl.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Spook got his name because he looks like a little ghostie wandering around at night. Also his habit of popping up out of nowhere.

Comment

Special needs pets are awesome. I have a friend who has a deaf cattle dog, and my doggie is blind. Born that way. They do just fine.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

D'awww. Such an adorable kitty.

O/T, I saw the title to this thread and it reminded me of my mom's cat. He gets fleas occasionally (despite being entirely an indoor cat), and he has some sort of allergy to them that makes him lose some of the hair on his hind end. We always joked about knitting him a pair of pants (or jammies).
                      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
                      X