This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good camera?

I'm doing research on new digital cameras for work. The police and the patrol officers use them and we seem to run through cameras too fast. They need to be durable and long lasting. Not huge would be preferable. Anyone have any thoughts? A basic camera would be best. Not a lot of extra features are needed and a couple of the people using them are going to have trouble if they have to deal with lots of extra features just to take a basic picture.
    Last edited by Shangri-laschild; 05-29-2015, 04:03 PM.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Not exactly a camera recommendation, but any time I am asked about cameras I point the person to Steve's Digicams: http://www.steves-digicams.com/

They have reviews, comparisons, and recommendations for cameras ranging from basic point-and-shoot cameras all the way up to high-end pro gear.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

shockproof/waterproof type camera might be worth considering:
      Nikon AW130
      Panasonic FT6
      Canon D30
      Olympus TG4 (good for really close macro stuff too)

Comment

Searching Amazon for "rugged digital camera" will bring up a large number of choices. A fixed-focus camera will be a lot more durable than one with a zoom, but your officers might need that feature.

Comment

Working...
        X