This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefruit Juice

Let me preface this by saying that I hate grapefruit and all juices or extracts thereof, with a passion.

My husband brought in a glass this morning, and had me take a sip, which was grapefruit juice. It was horrible, and although I swallowed the nastiness, I had to get water to rinse out with, and then he said "it's good for you!"

At that point, I desperately started searching the internet for something that showed that a medicine I was taking would interact badly with grapefruit juice so I will have a legitimate excuse for not drinking it. Thankfully, I found one, so now I don't have to drink it! Win for me!!

Yep. Quite possibly the same one I'm on. I love getting to tell people the keep pushing grepefrut juice as a cure-all that I am not allowed to have any. Ever.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I have an allergy to all citrus fruits, especially their juice and their flesh - it can't go in my mouth or I have an anaphalactic reaction. But I can handle the scent of them without any issues for some reason.

Comment

I thought I hated grapefruit until I watched an episode of Chopped. One basket, they had grapefruit and a chef cut off the peel, then sectioned it. He said it was very important to remove the pith - all the white bits - because that is what's bitter. I was like, really? So I tried it and suddenly grapefruit was delicious.

Who knew?

Comment

I love grapefruit juice, but cannot drink it due to conflicts with too many medicines. These days I'm stuck with cranberry juice, for medicinal reasons also.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
            My husband brought in a glass this morning, and had me take a sip, which was grapefruit juice. It was horrible, and although I swallowed the nastiness, I had to get water to rinse out with, and then he said "it's good for you!"
            For dinner tonight, make a veggie that you know he hates. Then insist that he eat it, because "it's good for you!" See how he likes it.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
              Not if you're a diabetic with constantly high blood sugar. Citrus fruit juices are great if your blood sugar's low, however.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                I thought I hated grapefruit until I watched an episode of Chopped. One basket, they had grapefruit and a chef cut off the peel, then sectioned it. He said it was very important to remove the pith - all the white bits - because that is what's bitter. I was like, really? So I tried it and suddenly grapefruit was delicious.

Who knew?
                I have even tried grapefruit that way, as well as eating a magic berry tablet prior to as well, and neither worked for me.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                For dinner tonight, make a veggie that you know he hates. Then insist that he eat it, because "it's good for you!" See how he likes it.

Broccoli it is then!

Comment

Working...
                X