Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Girl (since some of you asked....)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in uncharted waters. I'm completely lost.

And honestly, I don't want to be rescued.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      I'm in uncharted waters. I'm completely lost.

And honestly, I don't want to be rescued.
      You're not lost, just in the middle of an adventure with no fixed destination.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Nope. I'm brilliantly, wonderfully lost. Sickening, I know, but it's been a long time since I cared this much for a woman, and an even longer time since one cared this much for me. I don't know what the future holds, but I fervently hope that she's a part of my future, for quite some time.

She's a winner. A keeper. A babe. A star. A fox. My lady, my princess, my queen.

She loves beer, loves Guinness (not all beer drinkers do), suddenly loves Irish Car Bombs (I turned her on to them), is a cyclist, a rum drinker, a foodie, a wine drinker, loves roller coasters, loves garlic and spicy food, is a baseball fan, feels jealousy isn't worth bothering with, loves cooking, loves the heat and hates the cold, doesn't cheat, doesn't want kids, has a sarcastic sense of humor, has no issue with public displays of affection, and loves Star Wars. In many ways, she is a female version of me!

But of course there are differences as well. She loves coffee and Diet Pepsi, while I can't stand either one and don't drink caffeine at all. She's a runner, prepping for her fifth marathon, and I'll never do more than a 5K. She likes a lot of the music I like, but is into some stuff I'm totally unfamiliar with. Her romantic relationships have been far different from mine, and she's been married (and divorced) once. She's an avid fan of the San Francisco Giants, a fierce rival of my Arizona Diamondbacks, and a team I loathe. (Though we both find entertaining and amusing the idea of going to Giants-D'backs games together at both parks, each of us in our team's gear--a mixed couple, if you will.) She's physically modest in public, while I don't give a shit who sees me naked, and am just as home in a clothing optional venue as I am in a sports bar. Probably the biggest difference, though, is that we each find the other one hot, while not thinking ourselves are all that much to look at. (Clearly something we need to work on.)

The level either one of us has sunk into this might scare off a lot of people, or be considered creepy. And honestly, if it were one-sided, it would be. But we're both in deep, and so there is a parallel level of feeling and love that makes what would be creepy into rather romantic. And let's face it, the line between the two isn't that wide. Watch any 80s teen romantic comedy and think about it in today's context, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Yes, it's early, and we will face many obstacles, beyond the most immediately obvious one of geography. But I really feel like I've found the person I've been looking for. And that makes all the pain and hurt that came before worth it, even if this relationship also ends in pain and hurt.

I'm happier than you folks have ever seen me. I'm in deep. In in lust. And I'm in love. All with a woman that feels the same. It may well get better than this, but I can't imagine how.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, I'm thrilled beyond belief for you.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

OMG, she sounds perfect! I can't blame her at all for leaving you early in Key West because she had to get home to her dog.

Comment

I don't blame her at all, either, though there were other issues beyond just her dog.

Still A Customer."

Comment

That doesn't sound promising. I hope everything is still good.
                I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

What doesn't sound promising? Everything is going beyond well. We're in love, we're both happier than we've been in a while, we're making plans for the future, we talk all the time....what horrendous portents of doom am I missing here?

Still A Customer."

Comment

I think they're interpreting her not wanting to extend her trip on which you first met (NOT going home early) on account of needing to go back due to her dog.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      What doesn't sound promising? Everything is going beyond well. We're in love, we're both happier than we've been in a while, we're making plans for the future, we talk all the time....what horrendous portents of doom am I missing here?
                      You mentioned there were issues other than her dog...thought that bode ill.

Thrilled I misinterpreted it.
                      I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

The other issues were work-related. Nothing to worry about. And honestly, it worked out best for us. It may have even made the sex better than it might have been. Which is hard to imagine for me, as we are, to be diplomatic, very sexually compatible.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I haven't read the whole thread, cause it's late and I'm tired. I hope it all works out for you Jester. You deserve to be happy.

Comment

Working...
                          X