Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    ^ Stuff like that is my fear. Or what happened down the street a couple of weeks ago: a fire started in an unoccupied apartment. The refrigerator may or may not have caught on fire. If it did, I'm wondering why it was plugged in if no one lived there.
    This is my nightmare too. I love my condo so much and I own it...

Comment

• Well, I have NO IDEA what happened but when I got home from grocery shopping, there was a cop entering my building with a gun in his hand! Also at least 2 more cops, maybe more.

I decided at that point I didn't need to check my mail - that would have involved following the cop with the gun - and just went through the side door to my unit. Later, a cop knocked on my door and asked if I'd seen anyone suspicious, anyone hanging around. I had to admit I hadn't seen a thing.

Comment

• Dangit, Aria, so much drama from your neighbors! Ugh. Are you able to move somewhere better?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
          What the hell are they doing? Drilling at 11 PM? Fuck... I do not like that rattling noise! Or are they using a really loud sewing machine?

My upstairs neighbors are really, really annoying me now...
          Gah! Mine have started using a belt sander at 11:00pm. I'm so glad I'm in the process of moving out.

Comment

Dangit, Aria, so much drama from your neighbors! Ugh. Are you able to move somewhere better?
            Technically, this is a great neighborhood. Down the road from me are half-million dollar houses. (I know because the builder has a sign up. Starting in the low 550's!) I have an easy walk to the grocery store, easy walk to the pharmacy, easy walk to Tim's... Man, I need better neighbors though. If only I could afford one of those half-million dollar houses...

Comment

• GROSS!

I mind people throwing trash off the balcony. I'm on the bottom floor, so I get to look at it. However, if it's cans and stuff that's a mild annoyance. The fabric thing you put around the toilet? NOT COOL! NOT COOL AT ALL!

I put on my heavy rubber gloves and grabbed that, and tossed it down the embankment. Oh I am mad.

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
                GROSS!

I mind people throwing trash off the balcony. I'm on the bottom floor, so I get to look at it. However, if it's cans and stuff that's a mild annoyance. The fabric thing you put around the toilet? NOT COOL! NOT COOL AT ALL!

I put on my heavy rubber gloves and grabbed that, and tossed it down the embankment. Oh I am mad.
                I'd be picking it up and dumping it on their doorstep

Comment

• Uggghhhh. My upstairs neighbors again... I'm kind of okay with the party at 10 PM. The music wasn't too loud, I managed to get to sleep. However, the screaming fight and incredible thumping at midnight? Not so cool. Thank god it only lasted fifteen minutes but you sure managed to wake me up.

Also, we desperately need cameras for the communal trash area. In addition to the two broken down couches, the lawn chairs and other assorted crap, we now have TWO mattresses. Awesome.

Comment

• So a couple of weeks ago trouble child told my mum to go and die and as she is a cancer survivor this is not the sort of thing you want to hear. So she knocked on the neighbours door who then spoke to her out of the window.

A couple of days later after letting know the lady C who is dealing with the issue come back the message that TC's mum denies this and that her child knows she shouldn't talk to strangers. Mum points out she has a witness (my sister) and that TC promptly talked to someone else after the incident.

I go out shopping and find TC leaning on the community door, she informs me that she got her mum to lie for her, calls me some abusive names and then thumped me in the arm! I walk away shocked by this and call C and leave a message then talked to my mum who sent her an email which was a good job as the message got lost

So C gets me to report it to the police so the incident is on record and the police are going to talk to TC's mum about her kid.
                    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• How dirty are you???? You've literally had the shower running for half an hour. I'm getting in there and taking the rest of the hot water. I might flush the toilet while I'm at it.

Update: I actually did it. Hadn't showered all day and decided this was as good a time as any. I don't mind really hot, then really cold water. It was refreshing. I switched it back and forth until they got out. Let them complain; I have a right to my shower whenever I want.
                      I did it because I'm sick of people wasting hot water, dumping large items in the trash, breaking washing machines, and all the other junk they do that eventually causes the rent to go up for everyone. On top of that, wasting water is heinous to me. There are people in the world who drink dirty water every day. I know my saving it won't help that, but I don't see a reason to justify wasting it.
                      Last edited by Food Lady; 04-25-2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

How dirty are you???? You've literally had the shower running for half an hour.
                        To be fair, I usually used to take half an hour. Between my inner ear birth defect that leave me somewhat unsteady on my feet (makes washing below the waist interesting!) and (previously) hip-length hair (have you any idea how long it takes to rinse it out when you have to wash it twice at that length?) it took me a while to get everything done safely. Even now I'm usually in 15-20 minutes; any quicker and I usually hit the floor at least once. Good thing I share a house with my sister and we've worked out a rota so that we don't clash!
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• We have what is essentially a giant fenced-in playground in a yard down the street. Slides, swing sets, etc. The homeowners don't run a daycare, they just have a big family with lots of kids. Which leads to situations like this:

We're driving down the road on our way to the store, and pass the playground house. Suddenly, something goes flying past our windshield. We think it's a bird and keep going, until we nearly run over another neighbor's yippy dachshund chasing after whatever flew past our windshield. We hit the brakes, and three children all under the age of about seven go barreling after the dog. They were coming from behind a parked car so we couldn't really see them to begin with. But it makes me wonder: where were the parents? Why weren't the kids inside the fence? And who let the kids out of the fence (I've seen the parents lock it before and it's not a lock the younger kids can undo)?
                          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                            To be fair, I usually used to take half an hour. Between my inner ear birth defect that leave me somewhat unsteady on my feet (makes washing below the waist interesting!) and (previously) hip-length hair (have you any idea how long it takes to rinse it out when you have to wash it twice at that length?) it took me a while to get everything done safely. Even now I'm usually in 15-20 minutes; any quicker and I usually hit the floor at least once. Good thing I share a house with my sister and we've worked out a rota so that we don't clash!
                            I'm sure you aren't wasting water just because you can. These people have short hair, all the ones who are attached to me who could be doing this. I probably have the longest hair in the building and take less time than they do. Well, I run the water a shorter amount of time. I'm in there half an hour, water not running the whole time. They let it run for 45 mins. I counted.

Comment

• This from my daughter. She had a neighbor next door who complained they slammed their front door all day. How? They were not home they work during the day. Then he found out her bf was the maintenance guy. And he went into high gear. He started making up weird stuff to complain about. Like his door knobs were dirty and he wanted them replaced. Umm...it is your apt. try cleaning them.

It finally came to a head in the dog park. He cornered my dd and told her he was tired of stepping in cat crap and he knew it was her cat (well, it was roommates cat) as he sat in his window and watched it. She told him 1 cats bury their crap and 2 the cat only got out a couple of times. Then told him if he enjoyed watching animals crap he had more problems than what was on the bottom of his shoe. I think he thought he could scare her because she looks about 16 and is very petite. She stood her ground and he became so furious he was shaking.

He was also causing problems in the office with his weird complaints, arguing over what exactly was on the lease, generally being a pain.

Now, my family does not care if you are gay, straight, bi-sexual, trans, you get the idea. He would bellow at the top of his lungs when he didn't get his way it was because he was gay. No one knew his orientation until he started yelling it all over the complex. Here all along I thought my kids picked at each other because they are sisters. Didn't know it was because my daughter is gay

Comment

• Had an Apartment in VA I was on Sec floor and the lady below me would have knock down drag out fights with her Girlfriend or Screaming sex, it was always one or the other and and it was always at stupid hours. I complained to the office nothing happened, I called the cops the GF was a court guard so they wouldn't do anything. after about 6 months of this one night at about 3 am I kicked and pounded on there door till they answered. I told them I was calling the cops and that if they did not STFU I would be pressing civil charges. one made a comment she had a gun and i responded with who i was and that i had several guns so don't try and play. Cops showed up I filed a complaint and told them if they did not do their job they would hear from a lawyer.

Next Morning Office contacted me and told me to not knock on other tenent doors and I told them they would be hearing from my lawyer, That they breached the contract when they refused to do anything the several times I contacted them. lady below me was evicted.

In my current place I have a ground floor and the people above me have a kid... that likes to roller skate... in the apartment. Yep between that and the clowns that like to illegally park its been fin so far.

8 more years and i'm retiring home to a farm... away from people.

Comment

Working...
                                X