No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you trying to break the door frame?!? There is no way that door needs to be slammed that hard EVER. Every time I get new neighbors it doesn't change. It's the same stuff all over again.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I never thought I'd wish for winter in the middle of summer, but I am looking forward to it being too cold for people to horseplay on the lawn late at night.
      Don't count on it. I once had to call the cops on some neighbors that were out frolicking in the snow at 1 a.m.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Don't count on it. I once had to call the cops on some neighbors that were out frolicking in the snow at 1 a.m.
        Me, too, actually. But it's less often in winter.

Comment

Are you trying to break the door frame?!? There is no way that door needs to be slammed that hard EVER. Every time I get new neighbors it doesn't change. It's the same stuff all over again.
          That's Bonnie & Clyde next door, and their spawn. This is the second storm door they've had; they banged the old one so much it never closed right, and one winter in a bad storm the wind took it right off of its hinges. I truly believe they bought the one they have now after testing all the doors in the store to see how loud of a bang they made when slammed.

They slam the toilet lid like that, too. It's pretty disturbing when you can tell how often your neighbors use the bathroom by how often you hear the lid banging.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
            It's pretty disturbing when you can tell how often your neighbors use the bathroom by how often you hear the lid banging.
            Some of mine argue in the bathroom. I think they may have been the couple that moved out of the aforementioned unit. The door slammers are very quiet otherwise. Just weirdly loud with the door. I should count my blessings.

Comment

• Stop letting your dogs bark all the damn time!! Holy crap, it sounds like a dog park over there, how many do you have?

Comment

• There's a couple women I drive on occasion who each has over a dozen chihuahuas. Yes, more than 12 each. No, nether one runs a kennel.
                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• I know you have a fan on upstairs. How do I know this? It must be directly on the floor, and the vibrations are coming down through the walls (my chair is vibrating right now, and so is my desk--that's why my mouse hasn't been tracking normally). Probably a cheap box fan. Do I have to come up there AGAIN and tell you what's happening and how to stop it?
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    ... a cheap box fan. Do I have to come up there AGAIN and tell you what's happening and how to stop it?
                    Do you really want them to be able to blow it out their...

Yes!!!
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I'm upstairs and I run a fan a lot for circulation and white noise. Am I a bad neighbor?

Comment

I'm upstairs and I run a fan a lot for circulation and white noise. Am I a bad neighbor?
                        I can't speak for others, but I would say that if it's not sitting on the bare floor it might be okay. Having a carpet under it, or if it's a stand fan, would probably not be bad for the neighbors under you.

Dreamstalker, what say you?
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Why is your kid obsessed with me? Is it because you gossip about me in front of her? (I know you do; she told me directly what was said.) I've never even spoken to you, yet she tries to throw rocks at my window (thankfully can't, since she's 5) and stares into my living room window. And how are you legally living in a 1-bedroom apartment? There is supposed to be a separate bedroom for her. I think the management company is desperate and will sweep that under the rug.

Comment

• What the hell was said, can you go to the landlord about this? If the neighbor's kid stares at your window and tries to throw rocks at it it's time to make a complaint, I wouldn't stand for that shit any longer.
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

• Food Lady, that would creep me right the fuck out. You're making my erstwhile upstairs neighbors look good.

Comment

• Way back with Hubs and I were newlyweds our next door neighbors in the quadplex were 5 college guys. In a 2 bedroom apartment. One guy lived in the garage. Their living room was next to our bedroom, so we'd hear them partying at all hours of the night. They even set their porch on fire one night.

A few years later when we were in a different apartment complex we had a family of 7 living in a 2 bed 1 bath apartment. I know because they'd leave their front door open and I'd have to walk past to get to my apartment.
                                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                                X