No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so confused about the random things that keep appearing in the yard. First, it was a bike (I assume it belongs to the downstairs neighbor, but it's always in the yard - he never puts it away in the garage). Then this stand thingy (bike stand, maybe? It has a tripod base with an arm and a sort of clamp at the top. But the bike's never attached to it.) Then a towel, which was hanging on the clothesline until the clothesline broke. Now it's draped over the bike stand. Then a chef's knife appeared on the sidewalk next to the house. Now there's a small lamp sitting on my steps.

I haven't touched any of these things, since I assumed they belonged to the downstairs neighbor. But after days and weeks, I'm not so sure. I just don't know where else they would have come from.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• I have a similar issue. No one in my household smokes, yet I find cigarette butts in my front yard. Once I found a beer can by the mailbox. I think it's one of the caddycorner neighbors...

There's a crushed Bud Light can in my attic, from when our house was built. I need to retrieve it and toss it out.
      Last edited by MadMike; 09-13-2016, 02:31 PM. Reason: We've already read it.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
        Now there's a small lamp sitting on my steps.
        Aw, someone's left you a prezzie!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• It was starting to rain when I got home yesterday, so I took the lamp inside. I'll get it to Goodwill eventually, if the downstairs neighbor doesn't claim it.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
            It has a tripod base with an arm and a sort of clamp at the top.
            A guitar stand, maybe? Here's a typical one without a clamp:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• It's kind of like this one, without the bicycle:
              http://images.esellerpro.com/2475/I/...0W-20KGA01.jpg
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• How many cigarettes do you need in one night?? I am sick of opening my patio door to get some air and having my living room contaminated. Why should I have to run my AC? I should make you pay the electric bill.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  I am sick of opening my patio door to get some air and having my living room contaminated.
                  Get a cheap garage shop fan. Place it on your patio and point it at the offender. Turn it on high.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                    Get a cheap garage shop fan. Place it on your patio and point it at the offender. Turn it on high.
                    Ha--I've done that before.

Comment

Ha--I've done that before.
                      My wife actually got dirty mop water dumped on her once. We lived on the ground floor of a 3 floor apartment complex.

She was on the patio staining some wood for a project she was working on. Next thing you know, this water comes splashing over the side, and hits her. Of course, she shrieks...and gets a half-hearted apology from the resident above us...
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• I hope my upstairs neighbors are moving out . . . If not, they've opened a gymnastics studio, and the landlord ain't gonna like it.

Comment

• I know it can't be on purpose but your timing gives me the major creeps. Given that you like to make statements about me in front of me, to no one in particular, I don't like that you just happened to be right under my bedroom window as I was closing it before leaving for work. And people open/close windows all the time; you didn't need to stare up at me. Further, why is it that you waited until exactly the moment you heard me come home and check the mail box to suddenly come out and sit on your porch? You've done that before, like when you heard me leaving.

Comment

I know it can't be on purpose but your timing gives me the major creeps. Given that you like to make statements about me in front of me, to no one in particular, I don't like that you just happened to be right under my bedroom window as I was closing it before leaving for work. And people open/close windows all the time; you didn't need to stare up at me. Further, why is it that you waited until exactly the moment you heard me come home and check the mail box to suddenly come out and sit on your porch? You've done that before, like when you heard me leaving.
                            Looks like it's time to change your routine and purposefully mess with her. Do the trigger actions, and don't follow up with your usual actions.

Or maybe start some obvious spying on her. Comically obvious.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I was thinking, if she starts staring at you, you should just stare back at her. Stop what you're doing, stand motionless, and have a staring contest. Don't blink, if possible.

Comment

• ^ I love you guys.

My thought today is for the neighbors across the courtyard: Why do you all insist on hanging around the bottom of the stairs and staring at our building? We all have very nice porches/balconies that are fully covered with nice fencing and everything. Yours in particular is decorated nicely with all kinds of plants. Why not hang out in that lovely garden? I should sit on my porch and stare at you intently, taking notes on a pad of paper. But I don't have time for that because I have a job.

Comment

Working...
                                X