Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth April View Post
    Your cat is in my yard, freaking out my dog. He has tags on, however he is following me around crying like he hasn't seen another person in a year. He vacuumed up the food I gave him so fast, I would be willing to bet he hasn't eaten in at least a day. My daughter called you because of said tags, and the fact that he seemed so hungry and friendly that we were sure he escaped. nope. He is apparently an "half indoor, half outdoor" cat. Oh and "don't worry if your dog attacks him. I keep telling him one day he will meet a dog that he can't beat up" and that he "only has tags on, so if he gets hit by a car, someone will call us"

if it wasn't for the fact that I have two other cats, I would have taken him inside so fast and he would have been my new kitty.
    I would've taken the cat to the local no-kill shelter. "The owner doesn't care about him, so maybe you can find someone who does."
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth GOInsanity View Post

We've had a few interesting neighbors since buying our house. When we moved in, we were told about B from his mom and the neighbors. He's on the autism spectrum and overall a good kid. But he had to be taught a few things. Apparently he used to just walk into people's houses without knocking or anything. But they got him to understand that he has to wait for people to invite him in now.
      Almost sounds like you're living near some of my former neighbors.....their oldest son is on the autism spectrum, and he used to do the same thing.

Comment

• Your dog makes a terrible alarm clock. He's been barking below my bedroom window for at least ten minutes. He sounds so sad and pitiful, but I don't care right now. It's the weekend, and I just wanted to sleep in.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Okay, not really sucky, just... Well, here was my morning. Lady is moving in. She had her stuff in one of those moving storage containers, which got set in the building's driveway. It's not as bad as it sounds, since there is another entrance to our parking, and she did leave an apology note. She also gets to have a dog, which nobody else is allowed to have. I know, I'm sure it's some sort of support dog, and I shouldn't be resentful, but she also doesn't keep it on a leash. It just runs loose in the hallway and outside, so it doesn't seem to be trained very well.

Anyways, there's a bunch of people helping her get stuff from the storage container. Even though her door is right next to the back entrance, the container is near the front entrance, so they're bringing stuff by my door every two seconds. She seems to own a lot of large pieces of furniture based on the trouble they're having getting through the turns in the hall. I've been sitting here wondering how that's all going to fit in her unit, which is small, like 500 sq ft. There's no room in the kitchen for even one bit of furniture. That leaves the living room. Maybe a couch, coffee table, small entertainment unit, bookshelf, and desk/table. Then the bedroom. A mattress plus headboard, dresser, and one or two other pieces max. That's ten large pieces yet they've been here for several hours struggling with items that are awkward enough to have problems in the hallway? Urg, just get done already, and please stop running into the wall-mounted mailboxes in the entrance. It sounds like you're going to bust through the wall into my apartment, and I'm getting tired of it.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Aria View Post
            I have a Kryptonite U-lock and also a chain coated in plastic, it came with the lock. Would that be good? I don't want to lose my new bike too soon.
            https://www.google.ca/amp/boingboing...?client=safari

Heard about this on the radio. Might be worth looking into newer styles for bikes that are very valuable or important to you.
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

• Would a lock like that even be legal in Canada? Actually, is that legal anywhere?

Comment

• Here in the states, booby traps are typically illegal. The usual argument is "What if emergency personnel...?"
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• I don't have the slightest idea if they are legal in Canada. Or even if they are available as a sale-able item yet or still just R&D stage. It just sounded interesting.
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

• Finessed by the fine print: "This device contains a genetically miniaturized and optimized skunk, and is exempt, as it is a Companion Animal."
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth csquared View Post
                      Here in the states, booby traps are typically illegal.
                      Here,they're legal and we call them 'bras'
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• My neighbors left a bowl of candy out for Halloween while they went trick-or-treating and were mad that at some point some kids came and took all the candy. He checked his security cameras, printed out some blurry still shots and is squawking around the neighborhood calling it petty theft and shoplifting.

He put out free candy for kids to take. They took the candy. He's mad at the distribution rate, but refuses to consider his own role in this tin foil tragedy of not being there to hand it out to ensure equal distribution. The honor system has 1 flaw - variable levels of honor in society.

Comment

• I am so done with this. You were up until 1:30 am yelling or partying or whatever in the bathroom (??). Now you are doing this at 8:00 am on a Saturday. I hear a single peep out of you past 11:00 tonight and I am calling the cops and telling them there's yelling going on. I know you were the ones who got busted for underaged drinking last time; when I called last time and told them what apartment number it was they brought it up. It may be a weekend, but people do sleep at night. And we have a right to peace. We're paying to live here.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            we have a right to peace. We're paying to live here.
                            Have you considered complaining to management? Include the fact that you've had to call police more than once.
                            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
                              Have you considered complaining to management? Include the fact that you've had to call police more than once.
                              I have before. Maybe it's time for another call. But then again, I'm still trying to get a parking sticker and get my closet door fixed, so...
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I've given up on expecting my landlord to fix anything. The section of roof that was damaged when the tree fell on it still isn't fixed. The gutter that fell off the side of the house still isn't fixed. The house is up for sale (really cheap, too), which suggests that the landlord would rather sell the place than do maintenance.

I finally threw out the kitchen knife that's been sitting on my back steps for more than a month. Nobody claimed it, so in the dumpster it went. I doubt there'll be any more movement on the other trash in the yard, but it's not in my area, so I'm not sure I care. There's a bucket, that bicycle stand (still), various firewood (the remains of the tree that fell), a couple of plastic storage bins, and a small grill. If this stuff doesn't belong to the downstairs neighbor, I don't know who to blame.

The downstairs neighbor (I guess) has had a couple of non-working snowmobiles parked in the back yard since mid-summer. I don't really care, but his buddies (I guess) have come over at various times to work on them, and then it gets smelly from cleaning fluid and gasoline fumes.
                                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X