No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the guy who lost the expensive bike: You can stop putting up posters when the old ones succumb to the elements. It's gone. You're never going to see it again. It's time to move on.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I have before. Maybe it's time for another call. But then again, I'm still trying to get a parking sticker and get my closet door fixed, so...
      Ah... one of those managements. No, it's not time for another call, it's time to find a new place.

Quoth Ghel View Post
      I finally threw out the kitchen knife that's been sitting on my back steps for more than a month. Nobody claimed it, so in the dumpster it went. I doubt there'll be any more movement on the other trash in the yard, but it's not in my area, so I'm not sure I care. There's a bucket, that bicycle stand (still), various firewood (the remains of the tree that fell), a couple of plastic storage bins, and a small grill. If this stuff doesn't belong to the downstairs neighbor, I don't know who to blame.
      If I find something in an area that's considered "mine", without someone immediately claiming it, then as far as I'm concerned, the stuff is mine... or more likely, the garbage can's. If you don't feel like claiming/tossing the stuff, put a note on it saying something along the lines of "Please remove your stuff from my step. If this is still here by [date] it will be thrown away."

My old apartment complex had tiny fenced-in yards for the downstairs apartments. My upstairs neighbor was constantly dropping stuff there. I returned all of it to her... including the contents of the ashtray she dumped out.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
        If I find something in an area that's considered "mine", without someone immediately claiming it, then as far as I'm concerned, the stuff is mine... or more likely, the garbage can's.
        The problem in my situation is that the back yard (where the steps are) is a shared area. But maybe I should start taping notes to things that look like garbage. It may be moot for a while, though, since the first snowstorm of the year is expected tomorrow. Most of the trash in the yard will be covered by 6" or more of snow.

When I think about it, it really pisses me off that the yard is so trashed, since I spent a lot of effort trimming back plant overgrowth and making the yard look nice this summer.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Quoth Deserted View Post
          Ah... one of those managements. No, it's not time for another call, it's time to find a new place.
          It's actually gotten much better since I moved in. The problems are occasional now. I love my apartment and really don't want to move. This is the longest I've lived anywhere beside my "ancestral home".
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• It's 12:49 am. Keep it up. Keep banging on the walls and yelling. I will not hesitate to tell the cops that it sounds like a domestic. I won't say it *is* one. I'll just say it sounds like it.

Comment

• To the kid next door... I know your mom isn't home right now. That's why you've been playing the drums and attempting to sing for the past 3 hours. It's now after 10PM. Shut the fuck up.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• To the bipolar bitch in the corner apartment:

Management reiterated the noise policy. Everyone knows you're the reason...shifting your screaming fights with the boyfriend (poor thing--he sounds like a decent guy) to happen earlier isn't going to help People are still going to call the cops if it sounds like anyone's in trouble over there, and we're now one fight away from identifying the exact apartment (and thus the tenant).

I don't know how you're allowed to stay in this building.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I am so sick of this. I'm up late, too. But I'm respectful. I don't care if you're in school; this isn't a frat house. It's a holiday weekend but SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK. ETA: It's 2:15 am. I just called in a noise complaint. I literally said "I've given these people 4 hours and I'm just DONE."
                  Last edited by Food Lady; 11-26-2016, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• To whichever neighbors are doing this - Please stop using your fireplace/outdoor fire pits unless you can figure out how to burn something that does NOT smell like mold, mildew, burnt popcorn,....etc. (closest I can think of to describe the scent)

Comment

• I can't believe I did it--I am usually wary of reprecussions--but I just opened my front door and yelled down to you as you came home "It's ONE THIRTY AM, little bit loud for 1:30 in the morning!" My one comfort is that there are two apartments up here and you may not know whether it was me or the one of the ladies next to me.

I think I now know why I wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes startled out of sleep.

Comment

• I guess since the ones from my last post are being quiet it's your turn to act like teenagers. First, the neighborhood did not appreciate your car stereo blasting the latin polka music at 3:00 am. I can only assume you were coming home from the bars. Did you drive home drunk? I really, really wish there were some way I could catch you in the act so you get a DUI.
                        Last edited by Food Lady; 12-04-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          First, the neighborhood did not appreciate your car stereo blasting the latin polka music at 3:00 am.
                          I had a downstairs neighbor who used to play this! We called it Mexican polka, idk if that's not the correct term. :/ But that was the guy we were 99% sure was a drug dealer. People would ring his doorbell for 5 minutes straight. Then they'd knock on his front door very persistently, then if he didn't open up, they'd walk around to his patio sliding door and bang on it loudly. This happened at all hours of the day or night. If he wasn't home, and I was coming home, these people would try to talk with me, and even follow me up the stairs to my apartment, and they were always a bit... off. Other than that, it was a decent (if cheap and older) place to live.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I don't know what's going on in that entryway, but you all sound like a herd of baby buffalo. And speaking of babies, why are there kids yelling at 9:30 pm? My bedtime shouldn't be earlier than theirs. Plus, it's a 2 bedroom apartment. I've seen several adults in and out and it sounds like more than one kid. I'm pretty sure whatever arrangement you have going on is only semi-legal.

Comment

• I don't know if the baby downstairs is crying or laughing, but it's annoying as hell.
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Directed to Blondie's man-friend: Look, dude, she's not answering the door. Either she's not home, in the shower, or doesn't want to see you. Stop the incessant knocking. The two of you need to get your wires un-crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X